Just an FYI (I guess). SUPER impressed with Zotacs RMA

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
Just figured I'd give others a heads up in light of all the RMA horror stories I've seen going around here lately. Zotac deserves a little praise IMO. I got a Zotac GTX970 through jet.com via a deal on here a few months back.

Everything worked great for a few months and then I started having sporadic issues with it, mostly artifacts on screen.... once every few WEEKS after sitting idle for weeks at a time(this is in a file server that stays on 24/7)). It did this a few times and on the final incident, my entire machine was locked up completely with a black screen... wouldn't even POST with the GPU installed.

I sent it in for an RMA, which I wasn't even sure if it was covered considering it came from a 3rd party, but they accepted it so I shipped it out to them. A few days after I sent it out, my heart sank when I got an email from Zotac's RMA tech asking me for more details, along with a brief statement saying that he couldn't find anything wrong with it and an image attached of my GPU in his bench, passing all his tests with flying colors.

After explaining what happened, I half expected him to deny the RMA claim telling me that he couldn't find anything wrong with it, and I honestly wouldn't of blamed him. To my surprise, he told me that he understood and sometimes problems aren't easy to detect in a synthetic environment, so he was going to go ahead and approve my RMA.

Fast forward a few days and I'm typing this post with my new 970 installed! Hats off to Zotac... I'm seriously impressed! By FAR the best experience I've ever had dealing with faulty hardware. I'd buy another GPU from them in a second, no questions asked.

Aye I had a similiar experience as soon as we finally were able to contact each other. Seemingly they had email issues a month ago.

Sent my card in and they did all their magic and I got mine back asap.

Where is the Zotac rma office? Wondering if it was in North America like xfx does? I bet another California office lol....the service is typically better than other locations it appears

Where is the Zotac rma office? Wondering if it was in North America like xfx does? I bet another California office lol....the service is typically better than other locations it appears
Irwindale, CA AFAIK

Back