Just a thought for another subforum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
Would anyone care for a sub forum for the discussion of emulators? With obvious rules to adhere to such as no linking to sites that prove ROM/BIOS files etc. Simply a forum for those of us that enjoy playing classic (and not so classic) console/arcade games on our PC's can chat about, share config files, etc.

Again, just a thought. Flamesuit on!

We can keep it here for now. Do you really think it would get enough traffic to warrant a whole sub? Also to be honest it would probably be a pain to moderate as people would inevitably link to ROMs.

It's possible that we won't. Actually it's more than likely that no one will browse it, lol. I guess I'm wishfully thinking here.

Nah, I don't think an emulator subforum would be necessary. Plenty of other retrogaming sites dedicate their forums to it. Why reinvent the wheel?

We can keep it here for now. Do you really think it would get enough traffic to warrant a whole sub? Also to be honest it would probably be a pain to moderate as people would inevitably link to ROMs.

This is exactly what I thought. People will absolutely link ROMs or sites with BIOS links and take it beyond friendly discussion into territorial legality.

I think it'd be cool to focus on emulators only since many ROMs are considered legally gray or black.

I think if you had this as a sub-forum it would require to much moderating to keep it trouble free. It would not be to the benefit of [H] to do so. Many of these games that emulators play are still being sold by companies like Nintendo. It's just asking for trouble. If you can use a search engine then everything you need to know is readily available.

Sorry, going to have to go with a no, but threads on the topic are quite welcome, provided they follow all of the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back