Just a little frustrated (Netgear WNDR3700)

Damn Dirty Ape

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

Sorry to drop some troubles in the forum for help hopefully but I'm a bit frustrated now.

I got a WNDR3700 last weekend, installed, latest firmware updates. 2 desktops, network printer, xbox360, ps/3, sony bravia link receiver box and a directv hr23. These are wired connections. They all seem to be working fine.

Using wpa2-psk (aes) and have the wireless access (mac filter) set up and enabled, all the wireless stuff (3 laptops and a motorola droid) are in there.

Twice in the last week nothing wireless will connect, they are all using windows 7 x64 ultimate. For no apparent reason they will display the yellow exclamation point and all access goes away. "No internet access" is displayed, although the signal strength is excellent and the SSID shows up in the network sections of each of the wireless items.

I have checked using ipconfig /all during these times on the laptops and they are not pulling a DHCP address they are getting 169.x.x.x and that's the win7 default if the machine cannot get a dhcp address from the router I believe.

Rebooting the wireless items makes no difference. The only thing that will solve this is to power-cycle the router. After a power-cycle I watched a macbook go from searching for the preferred signal/connection to locating it, getting an ip and having internet capbility.

I'm at a loss. I had a dir-655 and no problems but I've had it for 2 years, someone wanted to buy it and I thought why not... upgrade to the newest stuff... Never a problem with the dir-655 doing this.

See at this point I just want to box up the router and send it back. But I feel like there is something I'm not doing right.

I should mention that at this time the 5ghz band is disabled in the setup.

any thoughts, ideas or the like would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Last edited:
i got this router yesterday, i have a question

the port i use to connect my network printer blinks all the time.. does urs does the same?

Back