July NPD sales.

I remember you making an equally ridiculous prediction last month about ps3 sales that was as spectacularly wrong as this one promises to be.
You mean my 400k post? :D

I'll post a link to my real predictions and results when I can get a connection to NeoGAF. I'll be doing another set for next month's NPD prediction thread which will be pretty similar to the ones I did earlier in this thread.

Edit -

Predictions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7409321&postcount=279
Results: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7541886&postcount=754 (25th overall, the Wii numbers screwed me up :D)

What are you talking about? If PRICE POINT were the answer, Gamecube would have been #1 *all* last generation. Further, you never thought you'd see the day when a console with a mediocre software library would outsell another with excellent software? HELLO, PS2 has the most WEAK software library of any console *ever*. Probably 80% of the thing's lineup is shovelware *trash*, with the remaining 20% being, let's face it, pure gold. The bottom line is, though, that the bulk of PS2 software sucks ass, yet it sold like mad last gen. Why? Because people like having a lot of choice, even if those choices do mostly suck.

What made Wii sell well at the start is the innovative gameplay. What keeps it moving is word of mouth from the casuals, who are eating it up. What will make it a system for even the hardcore is simply *time*. The exclusives are coming, with more in development for Wii than bother PS3 and 360 *combined*.

I agree that it would be nice if Wii had better graphics capabilities, but as PS2 and PS1 BOTH proved before it, with the weakest hardware of their generations, it's not about the graphics, it's about having a wide variety of *choices* at a price people are willing to pay. If it were all about the horsepower Xeons would outsell regular Pentiums/core/core2's, opterons would outsell Athlon64's, and Geforce ultra's would outsell the GT's, GS's and other lower end variants. Bottom line: they don't. There's a line at which the best value proposition for the money presents itself, and while 360 is getting closer to that line (and yes, they DO have the best software lineup, let's not kid ourselves), the PS3 is nowhere near it and won't be any time soon.

Price is a huge selling point. The point you’re trying to make about the GameCube vs. XBOX and PS2 is irrelevant to this current gen. Reason being, the PRICE GAP is much BIGGER this time around. It was always a $50 price difference last gen between consoles, this gen its $100+ price gap. I agree with you when it comes to choices, but price is a huge factor for majority of people out there. I know many people who would love a PS3 or X360, but simply cannot afford one. That is why the PS2 is still selling like crazy. Most people haven't upgraded to HDTV's and probably don't have the income to due so... what looks better on a SDTV than a PS2 running you $100 and games ranging from $5-40 brand new.

You mean my 400k post? :D

I'll post a link to my real predictions and results when I can get a connection to NeoGAF. I'll be doing another set for next month's NPD prediction thread which will be pretty similar to the ones I did earlier in this thread.

Edit -

Predictions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7409321&postcount=279
Results: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7541886&postcount=754 (25th overall, the Wii numbers screwed me up :D)

lol, I was going to say, I remember you guess being very close for the PS3 and xbox360 July sales. I could not find the post though, so I didn't responsed.

I do except the xbox360 price drop and blockbuster game releases to have a large jump in sales for August, but I believe your guess for xbox360 August sales is a tad high. And August is a 4 week period, not 5 weeks like July.

My guess:
Wii: 390k
DS: 370k
xbox360: 270k
PSP: 210k
PS3: 130k

they only just begun developing games for the wii and its controls. Look at the future titles
Metroid prime 3 mario galaxy super smash bros etc. There will be games that are coming out that will have good graphics but we won't see it until 2008. Bottom line is
the developers were caught off guard by the sucess of the wii so the games right now are mediocre. They probably thought it was going to flop and didn't put any time towards it. People really like wii sports and playing with their friends. The games are more group oriented rather than playing Halo or some shit. Also if you introduce a product that appeals to the majority of people not just hardcore gamers than obviously its going to sell better. Iam kinda excited for metroid prime 3. I think its gonna be one of the best games this year.

It doesn't matter how much of a "novelty" a small amount of people think the wii is. The general population of people think it's an amazing thing, and is bringing a whole new slew of people to the market. It's doing what the DS did for hand helds. Better yet, it's doing what DDR and Guitar Hero did for most people. I know plenty of people who never touched a game in their life until Guitar Hero.

Is it really a novelty though? Sure, you essentially could just press a button for some of the games that make the movement "tacked on" but the console has been out for a year. FPS games for the Wii will have better control's than anything but a KB/Mouse, so it sure isn't "novelty" for FPS games.

While the Ps3/360 have had games in development for years to cater to their graphics, developers thought the Wii would fail. Since the Wii is successful they will be on that system. While we won't have awesome HD graphics we will see an advancement of the controls being used to their full potential. Instead of "tacked on" games will (most likely) see the precision of the controller up the anti. There will be games with some great movement detection of the controller that won't make it feel like a "novelty" anymore, but make it feel like it's needed for the experience.

If there's one thing i can say about the Wii that you people who think it's a novelty can NOT contest at all, it's this: If you're in college and playing the Wii with your door open, it will attract much more women than you sitting there playing Ps2/Ps3/360. When i got the thing last year everyone over for our parties would want to play it, everyone. Great way to get some drunk chicks in your room rather than the traditional drinking games. Hell, even sober girls love the thing. Then again, I think with my di... wii.

Price is a huge selling point. The point you’re trying to make about the GameCube vs. XBOX and PS2 is irrelevant to this current gen. Reason being, the PRICE GAP is much BIGGER this time around. It was always a $50 price difference last gen between consoles, this gen its $100+ price gap. I agree with you when it comes to choices, but price is a huge factor for majority of people out there. I know many people who would love a PS3 or X360, but simply cannot afford one. That is why the PS2 is still selling like crazy. Most people haven't upgraded to HDTV's and probably don't have the income to due so... what looks better on a SDTV than a PS2 running you $100 and games ranging from $5-40 brand new.

Actually, the price difference was $100 when GC launched. PS2 continues to sell well for 2 reasons: 1: it has a huge library of games, and even though most of them suck, the library is so huge that the 20% or so that are worth the price of entry seems like a big amount of games. And to be fair, it *is* a pretty large quantity of games. 2: Price. PS2 is very reasonably priced these days and couple with the big game library, there's very little compelling reason to move to PS3.

I agree that the move to HDTV is also related, as the *vast* majority of consumers simply don't have or care about HDTV. In that sense, I think it's fair to say that both Microsoft and Sony blew their wads a bit too early, as the market simply isn't there yet for HD. It will be in few years, to be sure, but for now, it just isn't there. Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the graphics capabilities of these HD consoles, and I own a very nice HDTV myself, but the bottom line is that the bulk of the market isn't about HD and doesn't want to spend the money that HD TOYS like the PS3 and 360 cost.

I could easily go down and buy a PS3 today, but I'm simply not interested; the software's not there yet and the experience just isn't worth $500+. I made the mistake of grabbing a 360 early on and spent 6 of 9 months of ownership waiting for a goddamn replacement (I went through 4, 1 of which was dead out of the box and the other died within 34 *minutes* of receiving it), and although I really enjoyed games like FNR3, GoW, DOA4 and a few others, it just wasn't worth the hassle, nor even the $400 price of entry.

Well techincally. Microsoft and Sony still make alot more money than nintendo.
While console sales may say:
Wii
PS3

In terms of Fun/Performance
PS3
Wii

Wii
PS3

PS3
Wii

Um, NO. In terms of fun, PS3 is definitely below Wii. I do agree that 360 is above Wii though, simply for the fact that it has a bigger, more mature library of titles.

Is it really a novelty though? Sure, you essentially could just press a button for some of the games that make the movement "tacked on" but the console has been out for a year. FPS games for the Wii will have better control's than anything but a KB/Mouse, so it sure isn't "novelty" for FPS games.

Right, killer FPS games. You mean such as MOH:Heroes, a PSP port?

Um, NO. In terms of fun, PS3 is definitely below Wii. I do agree that 360 is above Wii though, simply for the fact that it has a bigger, more mature library of titles.

Huh? Sorry, but I'd say the PS3 is above Wii, while the 360 is above PS3. The hell am I going to do on Wii? Play doctor? Play fake tennis/bowling/etc? There's simply not enough interesting games on the console and I was quickly fed up with Wii Sports.

I ended up getting rid of the stupid thing, cause my eyes burnt from the low graphics. When the gameplay is the same as other consoles, why would I bother with the lower graphics. The unique controller isn't enough for me to bother keeping the console.

Still kept my PS3 and Xbox 360. Actually on my 3rd Xbox 360. I actually bought all three of them, as I had no idea how to send in for warranty work, cause I bought mine in Japan, while I was living there.

Either way, not like it was expensive. $228 for the 20 gig Xbox 360 Premium. After the 1st one broke, I no longer bought brand new 360s. My 3rd one is a used Blue Dragon bundle, which was $20 cheaper than my new Premium.

And while some people may not think the PS3 is fun, Some of us do. Do i want to play more and better games? yes. But they will come eventually imho. One person's fun is another's boredom.

Huh? Sorry, but I'd say the PS3 is above Wii, while the 360 is above PS3. The hell am I going to do on Wii? Play doctor? Play fake tennis/bowling/etc? There's simply not enough interesting games on the console and I was quickly fed up with Wii Sports.

I ended up getting rid of the stupid thing, cause my eyes burnt from the low graphics. When the gameplay is the same as other consoles, why would I bother with the lower graphics. The unique controller isn't enough for me to bother keeping the console.

Still kept my PS3 and Xbox 360. Actually on my 3rd Xbox 360. I actually bought all three of them, as I had no idea how to send in for warranty work, cause I bought mine in Japan, while I was living there.

Either way, not like it was expensive. $228 for the 20 gig Xbox 360 Premium. After the 1st one broke, I no longer bought brand new 360s. My 3rd one is a used Blue Dragon bundle, which was $20 cheaper than my new Premium.

I'm sure you have fun with the uh, tiny handful of games on PS3, I'll say unequivocally that Wii has a better library, hands down. Not as good as 360, to be sure, but MILES beyond 360 (and the software sales show it). However, if shooting and driving is all that you find fun, enjoy, LOL.

Edit: That's not to say that Wii has what I'd call a "Fantastic library", far from it. I think it's far too heavy on party games and ports right now, with very little to offer the hardcore gamer. However, I do see that changing as the slacker development and publishing community gets their shit together. I don't see this as a terrible problem, as let's face it, year one of PS2 software sucked *GIANT* donkey nuts (Space Donkey nuts, even), yet it's gone on to have--hands down--the best library on the market today. It's not inconceivable that Wii will suffer the same fate.

Wii
PS3

PS3
Wii

Actually in terms of console sales its:
Wii
PS2
PS3

As for fun that that's a matter of opinion. The 360 is filled with PC games that play better on the PC, so it's redundant for many people especially on this site.

Actually in terms of console sales its:
Wii
PS2
PS3

As for fun that that's a matter of opinion. The 360 is filled with PC games that play better on the PC, so it's redundant for many people especially on this site.

Well, but I think he was just talking about *this* gen in the sales department :).

That said, I do get a chuckle out of the fact that Wii outsells PS3 and 360 *combined* pretty regularly these days. Never thought I'd see the day, but hell, it's cool and just a bit *funny*.

I'm sure you have fun with the uh, tiny handful of games on PS3, I'll say unequivocally that Wii has a better library, hands down. Not as good as 360, to be sure, but MILES beyond 360 (and the software sales show it). However, if shooting and driving is all that you find fun, enjoy, LOL.

Uh huh.

Xbox 360 Games

The Idolm@ster (Japanese Version)
Tenchu Z (US Version)
Gears of War (US Version)
Oneechanbara Vortex (Japanese Version)
Blue Dragon (Japanese Version)
Dead or Alive 4 (Japanese Version)
Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 (Japanese Version)
Dead Rising (Japanese Version)
Trusty Bell (preordered)(US Version - haven't a clue if it'll work, so will probably end up ordering a Japanese Version if it doesn't)
Ninety Nine Nights (Japanese Version)
Senko no Ronde Rev X (Japanese Version)

PS3 Games

Resistance: Fall of Man (US version)
Gundam: Target in Sight (Japanese Version)
Gundam: Musou (Japanese Version)
Ridge Racer 7 (Japanese Version)
Sonic: The Hedgehog (Japanese Version)
The Darkness (US Version)
Need for Speed: Carbon (Japanese Version)
Armored Core 4 (Japanese and US Version)
Genji: Days of the Blade (US Version)

Out of all those games that I own, my favorites are The Idolm@ster, Oneechanbara Vortex, Gundam: Target in Sight, and Genji. I currently have Trusty Bell (360) on preorder and am considering getting Minna no Golf 5 (PS3) now or waiting until the US release, under the Hot Shots Golf 5 moniker.

Also there are a lot of AAA games set to release this year. Nothing cept Guilty Gear XX Accent Core peaks my interest for the Wii, but that really doesn't matter, as I prefer having a regular controller and it's already available on PS2. Since I have a Japanese PS3, compatability isn't an issue with Japanese release PS2 games.

I'm looking forward to Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, Beowulf, Call of Duty 4 (probably get on PC), Haze, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Lair, and UT3 (probably get on PC).

Also with the PS3, I'm not locked into simply just getting US games, with games being region free and all. With my Xbox 360 (Japanese Version), I'm locked into the Japanese region coding, but many US 360 games are multi-region or have no region locks.

Course when I buy a console, I look at the present and the future. With the PS3 and Xbox 360, they are set to last up to a decade or further. Wii will probably get thrown out the window in a few years and they'll have to come up with something else. Unless you expect me to play crappy looking games for 10+ years. Even by today's standards it looks like crap.

Uh huh.

Xbox 360 Games

The Idolm@ster (Japanese Version)
Tenchu Z (US Version)
Gears of War (US Version)
Oneechanbara Vortex (Japanese Version)
Blue Dragon (Japanese Version)
Dead or Alive 4 (Japanese Version)
Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 (Japanese Version) LOL!!
Dead Rising (Japanese Version)
Trusty Bell (preordered)(US Version - haven't a clue if it'll work, so will probably end up ordering a Japanese Version if it doesn't)
Ninety Nine Nights (Japanese Version) LOL!!
Senko no Ronde Rev X (Japanese Version)

PS3 Games

Resistance: Fall of Man (US version)
Gundam: Target in Sight (Japanese Version) LOL!!
Gundam: Musou (Japanese Version) LOL!!
Ridge Racer 7 (Japanese Version)
Sonic: The Hedgehog (Japanese Version) LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
The Darkness (US Version)
Need for Speed: Carbon (Japanese Version)
Armored Core 4 (Japanese and US Version)
Genji: Days of the Blade (US Version) ROFLMAO!!!

Out of all those games that I own, my favorites are The Idolm@ster, Oneechanbara Vortex, Gundam: Target in Sight, and Genji. I currently have Trusty Bell (360) on preorder and am considering getting Minna no Golf 5 (PS3) now or waiting until the US release, under the Hot Shots Golf 5 moniker.

Also there are a lot of AAA games set to release this year. Nothing cept Guilty Gear XX Accent Core peaks my interest for the Wii, but that really doesn't matter, as I prefer having a regular controller and it's already available on PS2. Since I have a Japanese PS3, compatability isn't an issue with Japanese release PS2 games.

I'm looking forward to Army of Two, Assassin's Creed, Beowulf, Call of Duty 4 (probably get on PC), Haze, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Lair, and UT3 (probably get on PC).

Also with the PS3, I'm not locked into simply just getting US games, with games being region free and all. With my Xbox 360 (Japanese Version), I'm locked into the Japanese region coding, but many US 360 games are multi-region or have no region locks.

Course when I buy a console, I look at the present and the future. With the PS3 and Xbox 360, they are set to last up to a decade or further. Wii will probably get thrown out the window in a few years and they'll have to come up with something else. Unless you expect me to play crappy looking games for 10+ years. Even by today's standards it looks like crap.

Some of your picks are pretty well unilaterally panned as dog shit, but yes, you did list a handful of good titles. It doesn't matter whether *you* personally import games, the vast majority of people don't and never will.

If you think seriously that 360 or PS3 will last a *decade* as the primary platform of their respective owners, you're a fool. Neither 360 nor PS3 nor Wii will be platform primary for their corps in a decade, but it does tell that you swallow the Korporate Kool-Aid by the gallon full.

It's quaint and funny, though, I'm enjoying a good laugh at your expense, which I appreciate. Thank you! :)

Some of your picks are pretty well unilaterally panned as dog shit, but yes, you did list a handful of good titles. It doesn't matter whether *you* personally import games, the vast majority of people don't and never will.

If you think seriously that 360 or PS3 will last a *decade* as the primary platform of their respective owners, you're a fool. Neither 360 nor PS3 nor Wii will be platform primary for their corps in a decade, but it does tell that you swallow the Korporate Kool-Aid by the gallon full.

It's quaint and funny, though, I'm enjoying a good laugh at your expense, which I appreciate. Thank you! :)

It's actually pretty simple to import games. Play-Asia. Viola. As easy as buying from Amazon.com. Course all the games I bought, I bought while I was living in Japan.

Also, why wouldn't the 360 or PS3 last a decade? The PS2 is on it's 7th year and it's sales are still doing extremely well. There's also tons of games still coming out for the console. I'd think it'll easily hit it's 10th year and still sell decently. I never once said that it'd be the primary platform for their respective owners, now did I? I simply said they'd last that long.

As for the games you laughing are laughing at. Is it cause you actually played them or simply read reviews? I'm thinking the latter, as one of those games aren't even available in the states.

Considering your little homepage directs me to a "Let's suck Nintendo off" show, I can see we have a fanboy here. Me, I just buy whatever console and whatever games that strike my fancy. So far, nothing compelling from the Nintendo camp to make me want to get another Wii. A new controller scheme isn't enough. Besides, it's not like Microsoft or Sony couldn't create such a controller scheme, but Nintendo isn't going to make a Wii able to power the games on the 360 or PS3.

Halo 3, Mass Effect, Half Life 2 Orange Box, MOH Airborne, PGR4, Assasin's Creed, Quake Wars and Rock Band all before Christmas for Xbox 360. It will be a great holiday season to own a 360, and I'm glad I just picked mine up with the new heat fixes and the HDMI added.

Halo 3, Mass Effect, Halo 2 Orange Box, MOH Airborne, PGR4, Assasin's Creed, Quake Wars and Rock Band all before Christmas for Xbox 360. It will be a great holiday season to own a 360, and I'm glad I just picked mine up with the new heat fixes and the HDMI added.

HL² Orange box. Not Halo 2. I'm contemplating a US Xbox 360 Premium, so I can get all US games, as opposed to just some of them.

none of those xbox360 games have not been done before. I can play majority of xbox360 games on my pc with a xbox360 controller. you probably think halo is a decent Fps

none of those xbox360 games have not been done before. I can play majority of xbox360 games on my pc with a xbox360 controller. you probably think halo is a decent Fps

You are in the console forum in case you didn't notice. I won't even go into this PC vs console crap, take the trolling elsewhere.

Ya, too bad not all console games make it to PC. Here's a thought though. Try looking at ppl's sigs. Do you think all that hardware is there just to surf the web?

But like SilverSliver mention. Take the trolling elsewhere.

lmao with the gifs ;). I think the race this gen is already starting to show whos going to be the leader and who's not. After a year almost and still the wii is dominating while 360 is second and the ps3 third. Most likely it'll stay that way for awhile i think. It looks like the wii even got a sales increase it seems like. With steady and numbers no steady declines yet i think it might be the winner most likely in term of sales and population ;).

As for the pc has better fps. Its true but many people in the world aren't as smart as us so they are limited to the stuff they see and play pretty much. Some people just prefer the controller i guess :).

I don't think the war has really even begun. Right now it's a fight to get an install base. Fine and dandy, but the real deciding factor will be the software side of things. Xbox 360 has a lead on how many titles they have, but the majority aren't great games.

I think the real battle will be this holiday season. When tons of AAA titles pop up for all the consoles and each one has a somewhat decent amount of games.

As far as your trolling about console users essentially being stupid, that's a pretty bias view. Maybe they don't want to go through the hassle of having compatability issues, rootkits installed, and whatever other problems may arise. Me, I play games on both PC and consoles, cause believe it or not. PC's aren't the end all for gaming.

That's cause they know the Xbox 360 and PS3 is where the money is at. We're willing to blow at least twice the cost of the Wii to get our consoles. Some by both. So we are willing to drop down the cash on games.

Then you have the ability to download extra content for the games at an extra cost, which is great for the company, cause they can spend less a few days to create 4 - 5 maps and we'll throw down $10 for it.

Idolm@ster by far is the most expensive game I have ever seen for any console or platform period (that's if you include all the downloadable content).

It's about $60 for the game. $50 a year to play online via Xbox Live. Then you have small downloadable content to add to the game ranging from 50 Microsoft points to 1000 Microsoft points. I'd say there's close to 60 downloadable items and the majority range in the 500 Microsoft points range.

If I had to make a guess, if you buy the game and all the downloadable content that's just available right as I type this, it'd cost you around $400 for the game.

If Ubisoft were able to do something like that, they'd make a killing. Imagine the next Splinter Cell game costing you $60. Then they can create new skins, maps, weapons, gadgets, etc for online play and charge you anywhere from 100 Microsoft points to 500 Microsoft points, they would bank.

That's cause they know the Xbox 360 and PS3 is where the money is at. We're willing to blow at least twice the cost of the Wii to get our consoles. Some by both. So we are willing to drop down the cash on games.

While I can agree with your micro transaction statement in some way it doesn't mean that's where the money is, because they probably won't have that much content ever. Development costs are higher are those systems, meaning less profit. There are more Wii's out there than the others, which means less market, meaning less profit. They probably didn't make enough money on their current 360/Ps3 titles to use for development of new ones because of the high costs. The additions in micro transactions take time and money to develop and there are a good amount of people who still don't use online with their consoles, so it's a crap shoot in aiming to make their money out of them.

Really the fact that Wii development costs are cheaper than the 360 and Ps3 with a higher installed user base means, in short, that the money is actually with the Wii. It's how businesses operate; every one of them unless Not-for profit.

They will make those games that the "hardcore" gamers like for those systems, but they won't be expecting to sell as much as a casual game for the Wii. Just pray that the development of the games on 360/Ps3 doesn't suffer because they won't care enough since they know they won't make as much money. Then again for the Wii you have to hope they don't offer the same rehashed games over and over just so they can make a buck.

While I can agree with your micro transaction statement in some way it doesn't mean that's where the money is, because they probably won't have that much content ever. Development costs are higher are those systems, meaning less profit. There are more Wii's out there than the others, which means less market, meaning less profit. They probably didn't make enough money on their current 360/Ps3 titles to use for development of new ones because of the high costs. The additions in micro transactions take time and money to develop and there are a good amount of people who still don't use online with their consoles, so it's a crap shoot in aiming to make their money out of them.

You do know that given the proper tools, extra content can be created in less than a day. Take games like CS: S, Doom, Tiberium Wars, etc where a home user is allowed to create their own maps.

I remember years ago when we played Starcraft. We could easily make a new multiplayer map in less than 5 mins. With a console the user doesn't have these tools to make their own content, so the companies can produce them and spit them out. They can easily release packs of maps every week if they wanted to.

Really the fact that Wii development costs are cheaper than the 360 and Ps3 with a higher installed user base means, in short, that the money is actually with the Wii. It's how businesses operate; every one of them unless Not-for profit.

Cheaper development costs and higher install base doesn't necessarily mean higher profitability. The Wii is hitting an odd demographic. Do you think your casual gamers and non-gamers will constantly buy new games?

Will those retirement homes go out and purchase Manhunt 2 for the Wii? Will they go out and purchase Super Smash Brothers for the Wii?

There's more to look at than cheaper development and larger install base.

They will make those games that the "hardcore" gamers like for those systems, but they won't be expecting to sell as much as a casual game for the Wii. Just pray that the development of the games on 360/Ps3 doesn't suffer because they won't care enough since they know they won't make as much money. Then again for the Wii you have to hope they don't offer the same rehashed games over and over just so they can make a buck.

Take a quick look at the DS. Tons of rehashed games over and over again or simply trash games. Ya, I can't wait for the Hannah Montana game for my Wii! *sarcastic*

Take a quick look at the DS. Tons of rehashed games over and over again or simply trash games. Ya, I can't wait for the Hannah Montana game for my Wii! *sarcastic*

Any popular system has a library that is mostly cookie-cutter bullshit with a few great games thrown in the mix. You can't seriously argue the merits of a system based on the 80-90% garbage you get when it hits its game development stride. Every successful system sits on top of that same pile with a relative few golden titles.

Any popular system has a library that is mostly cookie-cutter bullshit with a few great games thrown in the mix. You can't seriously argue the merits of a system based on the 80-90% garbage you get when it hits its game development stride. Every successful system sits on top of that same pile with a relative few golden titles.

Difference is the 360 and PS3 have 1st party, 2nd party, and 3rd party developers creating many good titles for their system.

Nintendo just has Nintendo.

There's gonna be a Hannah Montana game for the DS?!? :D

Actually going to the Wii. About the only thing I'd want to do with Hannah Montana is statutory rape of Miley Cyrus.

I was going to respond with an argument worthwhile, until this statement. The Ps2 was the same way, the PSP? same way also. Jesus, every system since the days of Atari has an extremely large amount of rehashes over and over. At least Nintendo incorporated a new way to play these rather than the traditional hitting a button.

I mean, i'll probably own the ps3 and 360 at some point, but when the Wii takes a significant lead ahead of them the better games will be on the Wii. Look at the Ps2. It had so many units out there that the better games were on it compared to the other systems.

I was going to respond with an argument worthwhile, until this statement. The Ps2 was the same way, the PSP? same way also. Jesus, every system since the days of Atari has an extremely large amount of rehashes over and over. At least Nintendo incorporated a new way to play these rather than the traditional hitting a button.

I mean, i'll probably own the ps3 and 360 at some point, but when the Wii takes a significant lead ahead of them the better games will be on the Wii. Look at the Ps2. It had so many units out there that the better games were on it compared to the other systems.

Yes, all the consoles have had rehashes, but they make up for it by having a bunch of good games too. Right now the Wii doesn't have much of anything.

Also, just cause you have a gazillion units out there, doesn't necessarily mean all the better games will be on it.

PS2 has what? 150 million units out there in the wild. Did Gears of War get on it? Hot Shots Golf 5? Ridge Racer 7? The Darkness? Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2?

It's a different world now. Games have longer development times with less content. Graphics have increased over two fold since the PS2 era.

The Wii will either hold back other games or simply won't get them. The Unreal Engine 3 will be powering many new games on multiple platforms, too bad it doesn't support the Wii.

Also the Wii is ahead of both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, yet no new games have been announced. It's been out for almost a year and it rapidly climbing, yet again, no new games announced.

The Wii is like the iPhone. Tons of hype around it. Tons of ppl bought it. Then no one seems to care anymore, as the iPhone is a mediocre phone.

Best thing Nintendo can do now is try and keep the hype going and keep their production down. If it's always sold it, it must be good. Gotta get one.

It's actually pretty simple to import games. Play-Asia. Viola. As easy as buying from Amazon.com. Course all the games I bought, I bought while I was living in Japan.

Also, why wouldn't the 360 or PS3 last a decade? The PS2 is on it's 7th year and it's sales are still doing extremely well. There's also tons of games still coming out for the console. I'd think it'll easily hit it's 10th year and still sell decently. I never once said that it'd be the primary platform for their respective owners, now did I? I simply said they'd last that long.

As for the games you laughing are laughing at. Is it cause you actually played them or simply read reviews? I'm thinking the latter, as one of those games aren't even available in the states.

Considering your little homepage directs me to a "Let's suck Nintendo off" show, I can see we have a fanboy here. Me, I just buy whatever console and whatever games that strike my fancy. So far, nothing compelling from the Nintendo camp to make me want to get another Wii. A new controller scheme isn't enough. Besides, it's not like Microsoft or Sony couldn't create such a controller scheme, but Nintendo isn't going to make a Wii able to power the games on the 360 or PS3.

I didn't say it was hard to import, I said MOST PEOPLE DON'T AND NEVER WILL. Ever learn to *comprehend* what you read? Guess not. As for PS2, yes, it's had a good run, but it's not like there are a significant number of high profile releases on the horizon for it. ALL the major franchises have moved on. There are still a few stragglers, to be sure, but nothing that's likely to change the world. In 10 years, just like today, you might still see slim, revised versions of the 360 and PS3 for sale, but they won't be the primary consoles on the market anymore, having been superceded by xbox 420 and PS4 and Nintendo whatever.

Also, it actually IS like MS and Sony can't do the Wiimote. Beyond just patents, they've already launched their systems and sold a fair number *sans* a new control scheme as default. That boat has sailed. In 5-6 years when they next generation hits it might be another story, but for this gen, they're stuck with what they've already released. As for your claims of a "Nintendo suck off show", you provide even more evidence that you're simply unable to read. It's cute, really. I think we can all see who the fanboy TURD here is, little boy, and it's clearly you.

I didn't say it was hard to import, I said MOST PEOPLE DON'T AND NEVER WILL. Ever learn to *comprehend* what you read? Guess not. As for PS2, yes, it's had a good run, but it's not like there are a significant number of high profile releases on the horizon for it. ALL the major franchises have moved on. There are still a few stragglers, to be sure, but nothing that's likely to change the world. In 10 years, just like today, you might still see slim, revised versions of the 360 and PS3 for sale, but they won't be the primary consoles on the market anymore, having been superceded by xbox 420 and PS4 and Nintendo whatever.

Also, it actually IS like MS and Sony can't do the Wiimote. Beyond just patents, they've already launched their systems and sold a fair number *sans* a new control scheme as default. That boat has sailed. In 5-6 years when they next generation hits it might be another story, but for this gen, they're stuck with what they've already released. As for your claims of a "Nintendo suck off show", you provide even more evidence that you're simply unable to read. It's cute, really. I think we can all see who the fanboy TURD here is, little boy, and it's clearly you.

You are the one who cant stay away from these threads to spout FUD non-stop while trying(failing) to sound objective.

Actually, Nintendo makes more money than Sony.

Net Income for Fiscal year 2007:

Nintendo : 174 billion yen
Sony: 126 billion yen

And Nintendo *only* sells video games.

Oh and sony had a 67 billion yen loss this last quarter, while nintendo had 80 billion yen net income. hmm...

Tapped Market
--->|

Untapped Market
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->|

What Nintendo did, and they acknowledge this, is look at the untapped market and figured out how to get their money. I can think of nothing that the 360 or the PS3 offer that would appeal more to the untapped market than the tapped market.

Yes, all the consoles have had rehashes, but they make up for it by having a bunch of good games too. Right now the Wii doesn't have much of anything.

Also, just cause you have a gazillion units out there, doesn't necessarily mean all the better games will be on it.

PS2 has what? 150 million units out there in the wild. Did Gears of War get on it? Hot Shots Golf 5? Ridge Racer 7? The Darkness? Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2?

It's a different world now. Games have longer development times with less content. Graphics have increased over two fold since the PS2 era.

The Wii will either hold back other games or simply won't get them. The Unreal Engine 3 will be powering many new games on multiple platforms, too bad it doesn't support the Wii.

Also the Wii is ahead of both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, yet no new games have been announced. It's been out for almost a year and it rapidly climbing, yet again, no new games announced.

The Wii is like the iPhone. Tons of hype around it. Tons of ppl bought it. Then no one seems to care anymore, as the iPhone is a mediocre phone.

Best thing Nintendo can do now is try and keep the hype going and keep their production down. If it's always sold it, it must be good. Gotta get one.

What are you *talking* about? No new games have been announced for Wii? Are you fucking high? Wii has more exclusives announced for it than either PS3 *or* 360, and the list just keeps on growing. Look here:

Console Exclusives October 2006
Console Exclusives March 2007
Console Exclusives July 2007

If no new games have been announced as you posit, then do tell us all, how is it that Wii went from having roughly the same number of exclusives as PS3 and substantially fewer than 360 in October of 2006, to having more than *twice* as many as PS3 today and another 25% more than 360? Can you answer that please? Because I would really LOVE to know how that list changed so dramatically when, as you put it, NO NEW GAMES HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.

Just *un*befuckinglievable.

You are the one who cant stay away from these threads to spout FUD non-stop while trying(failing) to sound objective.

LOL, listen TROLL, there wasn't an OUNCE of FUD anywhere in anything I said. Cute, though, I'll enjoy a good laugh at your expense :p

Back