Juice on my G15 keyboard

M4573R

Gawd
Sucks right? It got in the F-keys and the top row, but the worst is in the three macro setting keys at the top. Is there any hope of it drying out? It worked for like 5 minutes after that and then died. I may have just fried it by seeing if it still worked. I heard you can put them in the dishwasher, but if it's already fried?

Give it some time to dry. About the only thing that may happen is a sugary film underneath the rubber domes that will prevent the keys from making contact. I dont thing you fried the thing, unless of course some of the fluid reached the LCD. As far as using a dishwasher that is a first for me; but, if it works please post results. : )

just disassembly it and leave it to dry. If u dont do it u will need a lot of days to dry it like that.

I still afraid I fried it because NONE of the keys work. The macro buttons in the very top left aren't like regular keys, I'm guessing its exposed electronics under them.

i spilt a cup of coffee on my 1st gen g15. an entire cup.

i dried it out as best i could and put it in the hot water cupboard and totally forgot about it. about 2 months later I found it again and tried it out and it worked fine. Then my sister spilt a cup of juice on it, and it went BZZZTTZZZZZTTZTZTZTZ and smoked. I freaked out and did the same thing again (hot water cupboard and forgot about it) found it about 6 months later and it still worked fine even though it smoked and went BZZZZTBTZZZZTTTTZTZ. I then sold it to a workmate as I didnt want to worry about killing it anymore and its still going strong as of today.

When you get liquids on your electronics, you should usually let it dry before plugging it in again. Having power go through it will just cause it to fry if it is wet.

Very reassuring SoAndSo. Reminds me of when I spilled soda on my Z-5300 volume controller. Logitech sent me an entire new set for free. I packaged back up the old ones and then busted them back out a year or so later and it worked fine. Gave them to a friend.

Back