JU6700 vs JU7500. Which is best as a budget PC Monitor.

BUMP

Oh come on, that was funny! At least I thought so.....

So OP, did you make your purchase? What did you decide? Went with 40JU7500 myself :)

Bought the JU7500 over Black Friday, just arrived. Damn love this thing!!! Been playing with it for a few hours, Fallout 4 on 4k (With 2Dto3D on because, why not xD), watching 4K trailers and doing other windows related "new display" things. Super smooth, no input lag, no delay in anything. No ghosting. Nothing whatsoever that in even the smallest way makes me dislike it. I just can't believe it took me so long to buy it!

Sorry about the delay to respond, my GTX 970 came in and I have been playing FO4 like all day long since then :D But seriously, if you just own a few normal monitors and not some 144hz G-sync, OLED, Super-fast, retina-searing, space ship monitors, this is so much better. Both brothers and dad now want one :D

Edit: Also pics do not even come close to doing this justice. This thing is massive. 40" is plenty big, much bigger and I might have troubles. Also the curve is incredibly slight, it's not like a wrap around monitor or anything, it's barely curved, more like a gimicky sales pitch. What really sold me was the input lag and the response times, lowest in it's class (sub $1k 40" 4K TV/Monitors).

Edit2: I also bought the 25ft Amazon HDMI cord (because someone else mentioned that sometimes the thinner cords don't work right and this one does) .. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JR72SO

Edit3: Wish someone had mentioned this, don't screw around with 3D settings in your nVidia control panel, all the 3D settings are done in the monitor. Get the TV setup as a monitor first, then go into the main menu and hit the 3D button, it has 2 different 3D settings built in that worked for all my movies and a setting that fakes 3D for 2D things like games. No need to screw with your display's settings and mess things up. I was playing SBS 3D movies with the Active 3D glasses just fine, not "amazing" but 3D has never been amazing to me so to each their own.

Aah9FDw.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for sharing this! I am about to get the JU7100...cant wait! :)
Awesome! Just make sure you research thoroughly into the differences in response times. I was going to get the JU7100 till I read a few comments from people complaining that the reason they could not stand their TV as a monitor was because of response times. (JU7100 has a 13.9 vs the JU7500 with an 8.9). I just decided I don't plan on upgrading for at least a year or two and would rather spend like $100-$150 for something I won't hate, not saying I WOULD of hated the JU7100, just keep it in mind when researching. Disclaimer: I have never used anything with higher response time then the JU7500 so I am speaking from 3rd person experiences.

Awesome! Just make sure you research thoroughly into the differences in response times. I was going to get the JU7100 till I read a few comments from people complaining that the reason they could not stand their TV as a monitor was because of response times. (JU7100 has a 13.9 vs the JU7500 with an 8.9). I just decided I don't plan on upgrading for at least a year or two and would rather spend like $100-$150 for something I won't hate, not saying I WOULD of hated the JU7100, just keep it in mind when researching. Disclaimer: I have never used anything with higher response time then the JU7500 so I am speaking from 3rd person experiences.

I considered the 7500 but I mainly do photo editing so I prefer a completely flat screen myself
Thanks for the info though! :)

Back