JR.com Westinghouse LVM-37W3 $899

nice, now I just need to convince my parents to jump on this deal since they are looking at a new TV and I want them to get a 1080p.

good deal, not sure where the others are at anyone got good reviews on the tv?

1.2 i think, there are VERY few devices out there right now with 1.3.

Hmm, I am the first one to admit that I know nothing about HDTVs.

I watch TV exclusively through my HTPC via tv tuner cards and downloaded TV episodes. Everyone says that standard TV will suck with these displays. What about standard TV that has been recorded via the PC and then played back?

I haven't had the need to move to digital cable yet (just have extended basic), but would like to move up from my old Sanyo 27" TV to a bigger LCD or Plasma.

Very nice deals. Seems like the price of this tv keeps going down every week. I'm hoping the price of the 42" 1080 tv goes down as well because thats what I really want. I feel like 1080 on anything smaller than a 42" is really a waste of money.

:)

I thought that was the great thing about the Westy's was that they upconverted to the higher resolutions even with sd. Did I read that wrong somewhere then?

VRMan said:
I thought that was the great thing about the Westy's was that they upconverted to the higher resolutions even with sd. Did I read that wrong somewhere then?

yeah, that's incorrect. things that are upconverted via cable box or whatever do look pretty nice though.

Is it online only? Or could i do pickup? If so i'd go out and get one tomorrow.

Yes it's upconverted anywhich way. Deinterlacing? Check. Scaling? Check. THAT was misinformation. The thing about the westy is people feel it does a fairly good job. Subjective I guess. It uses the same chip many upconverrting dvd players do. Whenever you have a device that will do it too, ie any HiDef cable box, you first try letting the set do the work then the box or vice-versa.

Upconverting DVD players have gotten to people. Scaling and deiiniterlacing, making an attempt to use the full res of the set regardless of input, is the same thing just a matter of how sophisticated the circuitry is, most find it the same. My SXRD kicks my cable boxes butt at upconverting 640i content. If it didn't even try I'd be looking at a potage stamp in my screen.

I went to the store in @ City Hall but the guy told me it was online only sale. The Instore price was like $1199.99. SO i kinda missed out on this, waiting for another deal.

Back