JPMorgan Chase's Online Banking Site Crashes

Well I'm not going to logon again until they figure out the issue. I will call for my balance and transactions.

Thanks Chase. Thanks for declining my card 4 times at the bar last night and making me look like a complete douche. Card worked fine at the ATM, eventually.

Guess I'll get in line with the other people I know who are closing their Chase accounts today.

My Login worked fine this morning. I did get declined a few times yesterday. Almost missed out on the Dell sale for the U2711.

It sucks that it was down for so long but they have one of the better rewards programs, so I'll stick with them (I pay my card off monthly so I can deal with their rates and BS since I never really run into it).

My girlfriend's work banks with Chase and they just found out that NONE of the payroll direct deposits went through last night.

Smooth Chase, real smooth.

My girlfriend's work banks with Chase and they just found out that NONE of the payroll direct deposits went through last night.

Smooth Chase, real smooth.

Well that sucks, mine went through, by my paypal transfer has not

I'm getting an error on my computer when trying to log in too, but I was able to log in and make a payment on my cell phone.

My online bill payment is fucked up, looking at it, it shows that things have been payed on proper dates, but account activity shows nothing. Gonna wait and see, don't need to make double payments. Fucking Chase, only have them cuz they bought my bank. This might be the final straw to make me roll 90% of my stuff over to my BECU accounts.

The largest bank should hire a new IT bank staff and hire me an A+ certified IT technician who went to school for computer networking. Lets hope people were able to pay their bills and call up and access their accounts. This is what happens when you have a skeleton IT crew. Workers are an asset not a liability and business should pay people to work and cust wasteful spending in other areas. Maybe have the CEO take a paycut to hire thousands of new workers.

what the hell are you talking about. also..A+ certified? really?..like that means anything anymore..shit, i've been a+ certified since 2001. lmao

From the chase website:

We are sorry for the difficulties that recently affected Chase.com, and we apologize for not communicating better with you during this issue. Giving you 24-hour access to your banking is of the utmost importance to us. This was not the level of service we know you expect, and we will work hard to serve you better in the future and to communicate with you better if a situation like this should arise again.

Online Bill Payments scheduled for September 13, 14 or 15 were processed by Wednesday night, September 15. It is not necessary to reschedule these payments. If you scheduled a payment during those dates, but do not see it reflected in your payment activity by September 16, please contact us.

We will refund any late fees that you may have incurred as a result of our delay in processing your payment.

Thank you for your patience and for the opportunity to work harder to serve you in the future.

^ yeah i saw that too when i logged in.. I dont understand why so many people are flying off the handle and are going to change banks/ credit cards..what a pain in the ass.

^ yeah i saw that too when i logged in.. I dont understand why so many people are flying off the handle and are going to change banks/ credit cards..what a pain in the ass.

That happens all the time, people fly off the handle for no reason, but guess what, other banks have this crap happen also. IT is NEVER perfect, Chase's site has been rock solid for a long time

Yep, I got an e-mail from Chase this morning saying the following.

Chase said:
We are sorry for the difficulties that recently affected chase.com and we apologize for not communicating better with you about this issue. As you may know, we experienced a significant service interruption and Online Bill Payments that were scheduled to be sent on September 13, 14, or 15, 2010, were sent by the morning of September 16, 2010.

If you scheduled a payment to be sent during those dates, but do not see it reflected in your payment activity by September 16, 2010, please contact us.

We are working hard to make sure that any late fees you may have incurred as a result of this processing delay are being refunded:

* If your payment was to another Chase account (for example, Chase Credit Card Services), we are automatically refunding any late fees.
* If your payment was to anyone other than Chase (for example, your telephone service, utilities or another financial institution), we are contacting many payees to prevent late fees from being charged.
o However, if your payee charged you a late fee, please call us at one of the numbers below or visit your nearest Chase branch. We will refund the late fee to you.

We recommend that you keep this letter in case you need to provide information to your payee.

Please be assured that Chase's online security has not been compromised as a result of this service interruption. Your accounts and confidential information remain safe and secure.

Giving you 24-hour access to your banking is of the utmost importance to us. This was not the level of service we know you expect, and we will work hard to serve and communicate with you better in the future.

Again, please accept our apology for this disruption and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please stop by your nearest Chase branch or call:

* 1-800-935-9935 for Personal accounts
* 1-877-CHASEPC (1-877-242-7372) for Business accounts
* 1-800-848-9136 for Home Lending and Auto accounts
* For credit card accounts, please call the number on the back of your card

Sincerely,

Patricia O. Baker
Senior Vice President
Chase Executive Office

That happens all the time, people fly off the handle for no reason, but guess what, other banks have this crap happen also. IT is NEVER perfect, Chase's site has been rock solid for a long time

Just how much did Chase pay you to say such nonsense?

Just how much did Chase pay you to say such nonsense?

Well lets see, i have been banking with them for a couple years, and never had an issue with their website. I never said the bank was perfect, but their site has been nice

Damn, I noticed that 2 of my bills were paid 1 day late by Chase. I guess I'll find out in a month if I was hit w/ a late fee from the utility company and the (non-Chase) CC company.

Well lets see, i have been banking with them for a couple years, and never had an issue with their website. I never said the bank was perfect, but their site has been nice

No, you said this happens to other banks all the time. And that's utter nonsense.

A couple years is not an example of a long time...

Chances its a security breach and customer info has been compromised?

I strongly believe this to be true. I have an UNauthorized transaction of over 180$ to a website similar to ebay. It shows as GETTINGTON MN and some other gibberish, along with a 1.25$ secondary surcharge.

I'll be calling to dispute today.

What I posted before listed it as a corrupt oracle DB, and then massive latency from thousands of people trying to log in all at once when the word got out. credit card breeches happen all the time so yours may just be a coincidence.

No, you said this happens to other banks all the time. And that's utter nonsense.

OOps, i ment it HAS happened to other banks (meaning website goes down), but not all the time.

In the end, Chase's issue turned out to be much larger than just their website, which is the first i recall something of this scale happening to a major US bank

What no, go back and ready my posts dude. I said people fly off the handle all the time. While i said other banks have had website issues a few years ago.

Learn to freaking read

Back