JoWood getting a "reboot"?

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
I got this in my email today:

TO ALL LOYAL CUSTOMERS OF JOWOOD, THE ADVENTURE COMPANY & DREAMCATCHER INTERACTIVE

As you may or may not be aware but JoWooD Entertainment AG and DreamCatcher Interactive Inc. went into administration earlier in 2011.

A group of games industry veterans from Sweden, have invested in the JoWooD brand, products and selected subsidiaries with the plan to reboot lots of games, IP's and of course communities.
Nordic Games GmbH has been founded and located in Vienna, Austria, to maintain business activities. It is a privately owned company, and is part of a successful network of video game companies.
This is the beginning of a new era for all games and over the coming months, product development will start on a variety of well loved and respected brands and products.
The Nordic Games GmbH team members have been carefully selected for their enthusiasm and desire to make a successful publishing company, and their continued love and attention to the JoWooD brand and products.

In the meantime, lots of activities are happening behind the scenes, so we have felt it necessary to shut down all old sites and forums whilst we prepare.

FYI, new websites will be created and launched over the coming weeks, and rolled out in a scaled manner and as such we respectfully request your patience and understanding during this time of transition. All old forum threads and data files will be included in the re-launch.
The aim of Nordic Games is to treat the games and customers with care and attention, so let's keep one eye on the past but also one eye to the future.

// yours respectfully, The Nordic Games Team
http://www.nordicgames.at/

Good. I was worried that Yoga Wii wasn't going to get a sequel :(

But seriously they need to increase the quality and publicity of their releases. I hate "buisness first" companies like activision and the borish crap they produce, but they need to at least have the acumen to stay afloat.

I'm just glad JoWood lost the Gothic rights, which are now back in the hands of PB.

Cool. JoWood didn't publish a lot of good things themselves, but the Adventure Company was pretty good and put out some good titles.

lol

for a sec there i thought the title was JoWood getting a robot

By "rebooting" I hope they really mean "making games that aren't shitty."

By "rebooting" I hope they really mean "making games that aren't shitty."

Hey, I really liked my Gothic 2 + NotR. It was really good, though not because of anything JoWood did. I firmly believe PB should own that praise.

Arcania was terrible so hopefully this reboot means exactly what someone else wrote earlier: Stop making shitty games.

Arcania was terrible so hopefully this reboot means exactly what someone else wrote earlier: Stop making shitty games.
I love Arcania! Sure, its not the best, but I have so much fun playing it. It's my go to game these days. :)

I tried like hell but lukewarm is pretty much where I'm at with it.
Just curious: what's your beef with it? Some inconsistencies and too many names to remember is my only real complaints.

Just curious: what's your beef with it? Some inconsistencies and too many names to remember is my only real complaints.

I just couldn't get into it. Some of the gameplay annoyed me a little bit and I felt like everything was "surface." Go fetch this for that guy, do this odd and end chore, over and over, open the next section, rinse and repeat.

I'll have to revisit it again sometime but it just kind of left me feeling pretty lukewarm about it. It wasn't all bad, though.

I loved it too. Thought it was a good game that wasn't too long and was plenty big to explore without making it a 60 hour game (I like the shorter games, myself).

I've played through most of the Gothic Series as well as Risen, and if people are comparing it to those games, then I can understand. However, to look at it on it's own -- it's a solid game.

My only complaint was videos wouldn't play, so I'd always have to skip through them, save, alt-tab, find the right video file and play it. Not too big of a deal, as it was the ONLY problem that I had with the game. It was apparently fixed in a later revision of the nvidia driver, but I'd already finished it so I can't confirm if it worked or not.

Back