Join the Alliance -- the Socket 939 Alliance!

I'm in, (just recently as I moved up from the XP2000+ to a 3500+ this past summer)

Also, to the above, i recommend going with DFI. Keep it simple.

Can I join? Upgraded from a XP3200+ to the rig in my sig. Had it at 2.4 with stock cooling. Got a Zalman CNPS9500 on it now, and I'm going to see how high I can go.

Im in for a place in the Alliance just got my Opty 170 coming from a 3200+.

I want to join to show that SKT 939 is getting old but it is not yet beat.

im in!

untitledqx5.png

I'm back. I sold my 3000+ s939 in summer of 2005 cuz I kinda quit gaming and building computers... now I'm back with a 3200+ again! .2 ghz more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello guys,

here is my rig:

Shuttle SN25P
AMD X2 4800+
Corsair DDR PC3200 2GB@2-3-3-6
ATI X1900XT 256MB

but I can't overclock my 4800+ cause of the AMD drivers in XP which don't allow multiplier or voltage modifications :(

I AM THE JUDAS OF THE S939

Spider ressurected! FINAL ORDER

€ 300,- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz FSB1066 4MB Box
€ 180,- Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP iP965, SATA2 RAID
€ 215,- Corsair 2x512MB DDR2 SDRAM PC8500 CL5.0 TwinX
To complete the other rig (My rig right now see sig)
€ 120,- Antec Midi Tower P180B Performance One ATX no PSU (zwart)
€ 45.- Asus Videokaart PCI-e GeForce 7300TC 512MB DDR DVI/TV
______________________________ ______________________
€ 860,-

Sorry guys leaving U in a copple of weeks....by by s939....snik...snik...you never led me down....farewell!
See the complete story: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1135917

I still have a socket 423 with RDRAM.

Oh I know, a Socket 423 club!!!
Same here! But it's not put together right now... I was actually thinking of yanking the 1.8ghz 478 from my mother's old laptop but I went to the Powerleap website and they no longer have the 423 -> 478 socket converter.:eek:

Hi I am upgrading cpu ......... current bios is 1009 do I need to change my bios.......has anybody run these late dual core chips with a 1009 bios???

If I need to change what do I change to.......+ where do I find it?????
I have seen a 1010 beta bios.......which appears to have been released around about the same time as the 185.............but I am nervous about beta bios versions

I am just hoping to pop in the chip and away she goes.........your advice would be appreciated.

Richard

i"m in the 939 club too new to this forum just finished the rig runs great would have attached pic but don't see option to do so:D

Do your research on the boards running the uli 1575 chip for sata. There are either bad chips or poorly configured or both. Bought dfi cfx 3200 and after 2 months the uli chip screwed up. You get hd time out errors and lockups had to put my os drive on the fast track controller card to get around the lockups and freezes read up on errors with boards running uli. Its not just the dfi boards either

I would like to join the alliance. sig for details, 2.6 on stock volts/cooling. Currently prime testing. interested in aftermarket cooling. upgraded from 939 A64 3200+.

203114.jpg

cpuz.jpg

Hi just installed my new opti ....in A8N Premium SLi ..... got just over 3ghz...!!!!
on 1.4125v seems stable will report back

As an asside I'm sure I used to be able to get into an advanced area of the bios by holding down control or something.............can anybody help.

Richard

I'm in, I can get my Opty 144 at 2.65 on 1.525V or 2.75 on 1.55V...I can't decide which to use.

I'm in. Just found this while I was at work. I'll snap pics when I get home.

Core system details:
Athlon64 3700+ 939 @ 2255MHz
Asus A8N-E
1GB DDR400

Moving to a Opty 17x and adding another GB of RAM after tax time. I'm riding this socket to the grave!

I'm in :D

Opteron 175 @ 2860 w/ 1.4v (260x11)
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
2gb G.Skill HZ @ 2.5-3-2-5-1t (on 166 divider :( )
2x200gb
LiteOn sata dvd burner
7950GT

I'll get pics in here once I'm done redoing my wiring and airflow a bit more.

I just ordered the following:

MSI Neo4 w/ RAID - $45 shipped from geeks.com
3400+ OEM - $55 from Newegg

I already have an x1800xt 256mb, 2gb of DDR400, 400W PSU, 250gb HDD, etc.

I'll let you know how things work out when they arrive and I build my machine. Still, a great price for a basic gaming system.

I may try some more overclocking, actually upping the voltage on it. Believe it or not the cpu came out of a mass-produced HP computer (i.e. look @ voltage). A little reading on the forum tonight prompted me to want to try a little more OCing, maybe upping the voltage (one of the guys I know upped the V on this specific setup almost as high as the mobo would go). I haven't run anything to stress it for more than 1/2 hour, and so far I haven't had any crashes (maybe a few intermittent ones, but I highly doubt they were OC-related).
cpuz.jpg

cpuz2.jpg

^ EET, your CPU-Z is ancient. They're now up to ver. 1.38 the last time I checked.

Guys, just FYI, I am working up some cool stuff with AMD, and there will be some exciting things happening here if all goes well.

I'm in. I have 3200+ right now but I'm looking for a 4800+. If anyone can point me to where one is in stock for a decent price I'd appreciate it! :)

I'm in. However I will upgrade to whatever is best whenever the time comes. Right now, my 939 does everything I need it to!

AMD athlon 3500+ at 2400 under a scythe mine
DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D NF4(evercool cooler on NB)
1 gig(2x512) kingston value ram
3dfuzion 7600gs
450 gigs of IDE harddrive
Ultra X-finity 500 watt
Coolermaster Centurion 5
2x Lite-On DVD drives(1 rom, 1 burner)

i guess i'll join : )

i'm in.

system in sig, i will be changing the to a evga 8800GTX soon and maybe the board too... maybe Asus A8N32. oh and will be going back to air cooling.

Poop on y'all! :p :cool:

'Sall good. The colors in CPU-Z are just using Windows classic style. I downloaded that one some time ago, now that you pointed out the newer version, guess I'll go ahead & download it :)

BTW... I look at the stepping and it says it's "1". I look at the stepping on AMD's site and the only steppings listed for the 4200+ is E4 and E6. What's the major difference here? The only other place I see a possible reference to the stepping in CPU-Z is the revision, BH-E4. Would this classify it as E4 stepping? I've never really understood the language of stepping, which is preferable over another.

Hmm I'm not part of this club, add me in, 3200+ here on an Evga Matx SLI board.

Back