join.me free screen sharing

Yeah, I use it at work if we don't have any logmein accounts available...

This was logmeinexpress.com until just recently when they renamed it.

It's pretty nice though, especially for free.

This was logmeinexpress.com until just recently when they renamed it.

You are correct sir. Logmein Express/join.me > everything else when price is factored in. It does tend to be a little slow, as stated.... its free.

Just tried this out, wow it's awesome. I'm using this for every remote issue I have now!

The join.me website is much more straightforward for the end customer. Simple click to share, or enter a code. The program launches in one single click from that page. They can even give you a simple join.me/xxx-xxx-xxx address to goto to join their session. Its completely dummy proof.

Teamviewer requires an actual download. Initiates UAC prompts. And it bugs you to register after you're done.

So still... thus > At least for me, especially when it comes to the PC-morons I get calls for.

Anyone know the policy for the Join.Me? After skimming through the legal agreement, I couldn't find anything about commercial use?

FYI, teamviewer (the free one) isn't for commercial use; It is free for personal use, not business gain.

All *free* previous LMI products were meant for personal use. Not commercial. There are paid products you can use for commercial use. I would imagine join.me is not for commercial use. But I wont tell if you wont ;)

I added it to the master list thread I created of remote support software..
But I just tried this app...in logmein style...it's slooooow. And I'm running host 'n remote on some pretty potent rigs, same LAN, fat pipe feeding our office.
Also regarding idiot proofing it for end users, initial setup is indeed quite easy (although I'd say it's similar to TeamViewer..you still have the usual security/open/run/what prompts, I picture it taking a while for the host to be told where to go in that little menu up to to give KB/M control.
YMMV
And it's BETA, and LMI moves fast in changing their products..so who knows how long it'll be around for "free".

I use crossloop typically for this. I'll have to give this one a shot. I used to use LMI, but the speeds were always so slow.

Back