join .001 files in vista?

badbadtz560

Limp Gawd
I have a bunch of files that read .001, .002, .003, etc. as the file type. I tried HJ-join to put them as one file, but it didn't work - it didn't show compatibility with windows vista. Does anyone know of any software taht I can use for it? i believe its unparted form would be an .iso

They could be misnamed RAR files, that's a first possibility. But more likely they're just split files based on a specific size.

Head over to www.freebyte.com and get HJSplit - not HJJoin. HJSplit offers both split and join functions, and it's one tiny little exe file that doesn't cause a lot of issues. Unzip it, run it, point it to the .001 file and it'll put things together.

If HJSplit doesn't work or complains about the files (rare) then it's most likely a RAR multipart set.

Over the past year or two, every time I came across these files, WinRAR could handle it. Whether it was actually a split file or a RAR file, I'm not sure, but it worked either way.

Yes, Winrar works. Just open 001 and slide the .iso file out. It will then proceed to extract.

Back