JOHN WICK 4 AND MATRIX 4 THREAD (All Keanu)

Just finished the Matrix 4. Uhmm, well, a lot of the weird idiotic political social commentary stuff I was expecting for a modern Hollywood production never came to pass. Or if it did it was not so invasive as to be annoying, but, it was boring. Just boring, vanilla, lacking ooomph. I think if they edited out about 30 minutes of the more terrible dialogue, and reworked the action scenes, it would have been less, boring. It makes me a little sad actually. The Merovingian, what they did there was terrible. Why, sweet baby Jesus, why? 1 out of 5

Also watched Venom Carnage today. That was not boring. Eddie Brock spending much of the movie acting like a little wuss was the only really annoying part. Woody was right properly nutso, and I loved that. 3.5 out of 5

I watched this last night. To summarize it in a word: boring.

So utterly boring. Not an okay but forgettable movie. Just outright boring. Some of the casting (or the writing/direction) wasn't on spot either. Even the action sequences were very generic. Could've been any other action movie. Go back to the original films and it was more than slow motion. Some of the action sequences were iconic, like the lobby fight, the twins in the car fight, and the like. Nothing fun to see in this movie.

It could've been worse, but the series shouldn't have been revived for this IMO.

I do agree the original movies had some better fight scenes. Definitely the lobby, the whole car chase, and the fight at the Merovingian's house. They were for sure better.

However, I thought there was a lot of action in the new film, and honestly I prefer the John Wick / Jason Bourne fast cut kind of action. It felt more modern.

However, I thought there was a lot of action in the new film, and honestly I prefer the John Wick / Jason Bourne fast cut kind of action. It felt more modern.
The slow action makes you feel like time and space is being manipulated.
Fast action is what we experience normally. We wanted a mind bending experience which is usually slow.

Took my kids to see it Christmas Eve.
Thought it was pretty good. Story had a bit of an inception feel to it and it was cool to see many of the key characters (both original and recast/"re-coded") in various parts and sequences.
I feel that it was a bit more tame than the original trilogy, but it feels like it was akin to the initial climb up the roller coaster with the ending of the movie being the crest, leaving you hanging in a motionless manner for that microsecond right before the fast and wild drop...setting things up for another installment.
Will definitely be adding this to my digital UHD collection once it drops on Prime.

I watched it as a casual fan. Movie made sense to me, but it definitely didn’t have the same impact as the first one.

I didn’t see much of any woke nonsense thank god. Trinity gaining powers is fine with me. It wasn’t the best movie I’ve seen this year (that would be Old Henry) but it was alright. Nothing groundbreaking but not bad either.

The movie felt like a tutorial mission to a video game the way they were laying everything out with audible explanations of everything. I don't think it full-on sucked, but it wasn't much better than 2 and 3 were. "Woke" messaging is what you make if it. I can watch Perfect Strangers reruns and think they're trying to tell me that white men are bad if I look hard enough.

Maybe in the next movie, they can do a crossover with the terminator. Its time for a terminator/sentinel love story.
Actually, I wish they would do more of something like the Animatrix. Where actually the robots were the good ones and the humans bad.

They never show what the machine world looks like (outside the energy fields) so it would be interesting to see like an advanced society and do a movie from the machine perspective.

We watched The Matrix 4 last night and it was terrible. The mumble rapper girl that can't enunciate anything to save her life to the stiff camera work during some of the action scenes were pretty bad.
what about the trash cgi? and that's after 20 yrs of technology innovation? but it was nothing but a cash grab anyway, nobody involved took it seriously. another "woke lifestyle" fluff piece. femboy run hollywood ruins yet another franchise.

I'm worried about Wick 4... probably will follow same path.. hell.... 2019-2021, and on is the "Era of Trash & Reboots"..

what about the trash cgi? and that's after 20 yrs of technology innovation? but it was nothing but a cash grab anyway, nobody involved took it seriously. another "woke lifestyle" fluff piece. femboy run hollywood ruins yet another franchise.
lol bad cgi. rewatch 2 and then say that. cash grab? maybe. woke? not really.

It was bad but the mumble rapper girl was there at the very beginning, I thought they didn't allow such cretins in productions? It was so bad I played another file to make sure my surround sound wasn't broken.

It was bad but the mumble rapper girl was there at the very beginning, I thought they didn't allow such cretins in productions? It was so bad I played another file to make sure my surround sound wasn't broken.
who? for the second time...

Last edited:
I just watched Matrix 4 ... and ...

Fight scenes were meh' .. camera angles where muddled and didn't highlight the fight's themselves .. just seemed like a clustered chaotic mess

Not big on the robot cutsie high five'ing pets/friends .. trying to appeal to 10yr olds or something?

Matrix code was too clean .. as well as the Matrix itself. ... if that makes sense ... ? I get that it's a new revision and all that .. but still.

As a whole .. it was OK I guess .. and that's about all I was expecting.

some of the sound effects were nicely done. that's about the only good thing ill say about it. was not painful to watch at least.. except for the girl's inability to speak properly

some of the sound effects were nicely done. that's about the only good thing ill say about it. was not painful to watch at least.. except for the girl's inability to speak properly
Are you talking about the blue haired girl? ..or another character?

Unintelligible dialog is actually a "thing" in Hollywood and has been for a few years now. Directors actually do it on purpose and the two explanations usually given are 1) that the director thinks it's "more realistic" and tells the sound team to ruin well-mic'd audio in post; and/or 2) the actors have largely picked up the mumbles style for an unknown reason. Here's one of many articles written about it: https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/he...icult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/

It's one of the reasons why I don't go to theaters any more. I can just turn on CCs at home and have a far more enjoyable experience as a result. It's really a shame, too, because there are movies like Dune with absolutely brilliant audio which paints a world all by itself...only to then have the dialog destroyed in post.

This doesn't even seem to be a "thunderdolt is just a grumpy old man" thing either. My interns all complain about it as much as I do.

Unintelligible dialog is actually a "thing" in Hollywood and has been for a few years now. Directors actually do it on purpose and the two explanations usually given are 1) that the director thinks it's "more realistic" and tells the sound team to ruin well-mic'd audio in post; and/or 2) the actors have largely picked up the mumbles style for an unknown reason. Here's one of many articles written about it: https://www.slashfilm.com/673162/he...icult-to-understand-and-three-ways-to-fix-it/

It's one of the reasons why I don't go to theaters any more. I can just turn on CCs at home and have a far more enjoyable experience as a result. It's really a shame, too, because there are movies like Dune with absolutely brilliant audio which paints a world all by itself...only to then have the dialog destroyed in post.

This doesn't even seem to be a "thunderdolt is just a grumpy old man" thing either. My interns all complain about it as much as I do.
The last 3 Nolan films suffer this the most, imo. It's pretty irritating.

Was cautiously optimistic since they had a good long time to put this together (matrix 4). The caution was warranted. This movie was boring to the point I didn't even bother finishing it - Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I now see what the problem was. I was confused who wrote and directed this. The brothers have become sister...

I don't care if both of the dudes wanna duct tape their weenies to their taints and walk around in public with makeup and styling looking like they are out of the Hunger Games capitol...as long as they do their jobs writing and directing movies while not injecting a bunch of political agenda trash into their scripts. Which, to me, they absolutely didn't do with M4. A couple of the "wokeness" video shorts played before the actual movie at the theater I go to (Alamo Drafthouse) took care of that drivel.

Back