JOHN WICK 4 AND MATRIX 4 THREAD (All Keanu)

I tend to like movies that nobody else likes, which is great because you get an empty auditorium and don't have to deal with people.
even good movies everyone but you ends up leaving, I wonder why :p

even good movies everyone but you ends up leaving, I wonder why :p

That happened with Cloverfield. Lots of people running out of the theater and HURGHBLRRRRRRR in the nearest trash can. Their camera wildly flailing around during basically the whole movie made tons of people motion sick.

This. I still remember the excitement leading up to finally seeing the Matrix 2 come out and leaving the theater asking wtf did I just watch. 3 was even worse.
Even the first film was marginal. Ground breaking for some yet yawn worthy to those who were into Sci-fi and Manga. Not to mention 'bullet time' from Max Payne game.
To me by far the best in franchise was Animatrix.

Animatrix was pretty solid. But the first movie is still a work of art. Watched it a few days ago on 4K UHD Blu-Ray and it holds up well. Obviously nothing beats the first time you see it.

And the sequels, which I thought were horrible when I saw them in theaters, are actually okay. If you watch them again, they are pretty good. Not as good as the first, but still pretty solid action flicks.

Honestly I hate going to theaters now days, overpriced beyond belief for everything and people wont shut the fuck up.

Grab a man bag fanny waste utility belt thing, load it with goodies, or eat beforehand, and you should be good.

As far as people being annoying, this isn't all that common in my experience.

A quick "shhh" usually stops it from escalating.

Animatrix was pretty solid. But the first movie is still a work of art. Watched it a few days ago on 4K UHD Blu-Ray and it holds up well. Obviously nothing beats the first time you see it.

And the sequels, which I thought were horrible when I saw them in theaters, are actually okay. If you watch them again, they are pretty good. Not as good as the first, but still pretty solid action flicks.
Received Reloaded as a gift. Was happy to discover that enrire Animatrix was included on the extras disk even though it said nothing anywhere on the box.

That would be ideal, at least then I could get some peace and quiet.
Silencers (can we call them that, or are they suppressors?) are your friend. Sometimes its just best to use a hammer.

it went like this, Matrix, 3Dmark2001, then max payne.
Max Payne was in development (by the Remedy team, the remnants of "Future Crew" IIRC) when Final Reality benchmark was released. Just to put that in perspective, Final Reality came out in January 1997~~!! And there was a splash screen of Max Payne during the "Second Reality" flyby cameo.
The 3DFX Voodoo2 hadn't even been released (not for a full year!). We were still using Voodoo1's and Pentium MMX's / Pentium 2's. So their bullet time system was designed long before (YEARS before) Matrix dropped.

Attachments

• readme.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 0
Do well, in theaters? Unlikely as you can watch it same day, and it will be pirated like hell. Do well as in be a good movie? Well it would be fitting for a single good movie to come out in 2021, and it happen right before the year is over. But very unlikely, this movie is going to be awful.
Unlikely due to..... ? Piracy isn't a valid answer because we've seen a ton of big movies pirated day 1 and still do well.

I doubt it'll be a great movie, but people still love Matrix 2 and 3 simply because they are part of the Matrix world. I'd go as far as to say that this will do well simply because Keanu is in it.

Announcements like this make me want to fire up Unreal Tournament with the Matrix mod.

I'll watch both movies on release day!

Jesus, Keanu is 57 now, when did he get so old?
there are a few actors that don't seem to age.. Adam Baldwin is another.. he's been acting for 40+ years which seems crazy. Keanu for almost as long.

I have zero excitement for a Matrix anything. The only good thing was the first film, the rest of it lore and all is not good.

But, super excited for John Wick 4. Rather consistent for a series, if I have to say.

I really liked the first matrix movie. Second was ok, I thought it was good but not as good as the first one. Third I'd rather not talk about....

But here's the thing. They ended the series pretty firmly at the end of the third movie. Neo and trinity dead, agent Smith destroyed, peace made with the machines. I can see doing another movie with new characters but bringing the old ones back? Why? And leaving Lawrence fishburne out.....just because?

I want this to be good, I really do. But I can also smell the flaming bag of dog poo. I hope I'm wrong.

The original Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies. This is one sequel I look forward seeing. I sure hope it has a very strong story line.
All the clips online of it at that whatisthematrix website it looks great.

The Matrix was the first DVD I ever bought. I'll never forget how cool that was.

Jesus, Keanu is 57 now, when did he get so old?
E-tE0aPWYAAn0Uo.jpeg

I'll do you one better, movies that were leaked BEFORE release:
https://thecinemaholic.com/movies-that-leaked-before-they-were-released/

Deadpool 2016 is a good example though
Hateful 8 is on that list? It domestically grossed less than kill bill 2, and that doesn't even account for inflation. It was hammered by that leak. Black Widow was so affected by streaming Scarjo is suing Disney. It's crushing releases, and with good reason. Who wants to sit in a dirty loud theater, eating overpriced garbage, watching 2004 technology with 150:1 ANSI CR?

I've got a 125" 1080p projector in my living room, still doesn't beat the experience of seeing a movie in the theater. You are paying for the event.

All the clips online of it at that whatisthematrix website it looks great.

The Matrix was the first DVD I ever bought. I'll never forget how cool that was.

Same. I remember letting the menu play for a while, thinking I was looking at the future of home video.

The original Matrix DVD was one of the best ways to showcase a 5.1 surround sound setup back in the day. In spite of it being an R-rated movie, my local Circuit City used the lobby shootout in their home theater room to sell countless AVR's and speakers.

I've got a 125" 1080p projector in my living room, still doesn't beat the experience of seeing a movie in the theater. You are paying for the event.

I pay for the experience with big releases and go to the (real) IMAX that’s about an hour away. My wife thinks I’m nuts but nothing at home can compare to the experience. The only other theater I still support is a small, historic one where I grew up that is a genuine “mom & pop” small business.

That said, I’m pretty much done with the chain cinema brands. They suck hard and the quality isn’t there for the outrageous ticket costs. Last time I visited the local chain I paid something just south of $20 a ticket for lousy seats in a theater that wasn’t well cleaned.

Right on. There is a mom and pop theater around me that shows old movies, they were playing They Live and few weeks ago.

Also haven't been going to the theater recently because of COVID, and also since I have good equipment at home, but I'm definitely seeing Matrix 4 at the movies no question.

Back