JOHN WICK 4 AND MATRIX 4 THREAD (All Keanu)

keep in mind both are different studios. Both just thought that was a great weekend choice. So yes it is odd, but it isn’t like it was planed.

if i didn't pertake in cancer sticks and have ADD i'd just watch both movies the same day which i still might do anyways, just gotta make sure there's 20-30 minutes before movies otherwise i'll probably go insane.

I can agree about JW3 that the fight scenes were stretched beyond exaggeration. But that's what the general fans wanted.

Like the knife throwing scene in the gun museum was just caked with LOL choreography. But at the end of the day, a simple plot with probably the most action a single film can have equals a win in my book.

it's Fast and Furious with guns and explosions, what's not to love about it?

You couldn't pay me enough to watch a non sci-fi action movie but I am somewhat excited about the new Matrix. Man, the third one sucked real bad.

They need to blend it to the Animatrix. There's plenty of golden material there, especially the Second Renaissance

Head cannon; I, Robot is one of the precursors to the Second Renaissance. Yeah, it'd be nice to have more media about that time period though.

Reactions: dgz
like this
I hate the way that Neo changed from a total badass that was ready to kick some serious ass at the end of the first Matrix movie to a depressed and defeated bum at the beginning of the 2nd movie. The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies were some of the worst sequels ever made IMO. They were smart to release the 2nd and 3rd movies basically back to back in the same year - because otherwise they probably would have never been asked to make a 3rd movie. We'll see if they can salvage the franchise, but I have serious doubts.

I've enjoyed the John Wick movies so far. They are good movies for what they are, if you don't go into it expecting a masterpiece plot and just want to see a super violent action movie.

I can agree about JW3 that the fight scenes were stretched beyond exaggeration. But that's what the general fans wanted.

Like the knife throwing scene in the gun museum was just caked with LOL choreography. But at the end of the day, a simple plot with probably the most action a single film can have equals a win in my book.
I haven't seen it since theaters, but I recall laughing (possibly just to myself) at a lot of the fights. All in all, I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I'm not generally a mindless action fan.

I hate the way that Neo changed from a total badass that was ready to kick some serious ass at the end of the first Matrix movie to a depressed and defeated bum at the beginning of the 2nd movie. The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies were some of the worst sequels ever made IMO. They were smart to release the 2nd and 3rd movies basically back to back in the same year - because otherwise they probably would have never been asked to make a 3rd movie.

They definitely would have made a sequel. The 2nd movie was (is?) the highest grossing R movie made. That definitely warrants a sequel from a business perspective.

The original Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies. This is one sequel I look forward seeing. I sure hope it has a very strong story line.
Did you watch any of the sequels? If you did, I think you should have your answer. If a convoluted mess = equals a strong story line, then yes! Oh yes it will. All your dream will become true :)

They definitely would have made a sequel. The 2nd movie was (is?) the highest grossing R movie made. That definitely warrants a sequel from a business perspective.

Was. Both Deadpool movies and Joker over took the #1 spot in recent years. It held the record for a while though.

I really liked John Wick 1 and 2 but got so bored after 40 minutes of #3 that I could not finish it.
Yeah the first one kind of set up the whole series so I remember that one, the second one a little less he had to pay back a debt and didn't or killed someone and then ended up fighting everyone because of who he killed then ended up killing the guy in the hotel and got on the naughty list, then the 3rd one... he was running from everyone? there was some ninja guy or something cutting people for doing bad things, and shit I guess the fought to the death at the end but I don't remember the conclusion of it really.

Time to submit a PTO request and ask for Alamo Drafthouse gift cards for Christmas!

It would be awesome if it was revealed that wick was another iteration of the matrix, and both movies cross over and take place at the same time but from different perspectives. I mean it's not like everyone isn't going to see both.

They typically release at night...Mostly o_O

upload_2019-12-14_15-51-0.jpeg

Not really tbh. I came here for a tech question in 2005 and then didn't visit the forums much until the main page shut down. Didn't visit the main page much for years either since computers got boring between Sandy Bridge and Ryzen

Seems a bit awkward to do both on the same day. Yes both are different style of films, but both are heavily based on action and have some overlap. Would probably eat into each others ticket sales. Not that it matters to me really.
>Implying most of us aren't going to see both back to back.

We're seeing both. Wick is awesome and the matrix... For it's obvious Christian copying... Is still awesome.

Plus keanu is almost always worth the ticket

It would be awesome if it was revealed that wick was another iteration of the matrix, and both movies cross over and take place at the same time but from different perspectives. I mean it's not like everyone isn't going to see both.

Let's throw them into the Arrowverse too! :ROFLMAO:

Gonna need to spend hours in the makeup chair to put enough pancake on his face to smooth it out to "avatar Morpheus"... or some super cheesy "I felt like I should look older in the Matrix..." line that explains why he looks 60

Or they just de-age him ala Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino in the Irishman.

Gonna need to spend hours in the makeup chair to put enough pancake on his face to smooth it out to "avatar Morpheus"... or some super cheesy "I felt like I should look older in the Matrix..." line that explains why he looks 60
In all honestly, Reeves would need to be de-aged if he's supposed to look like he did 20 years ago (ditto for Moss). They're both over 50...very few at 50+ can pass for 30ish.

But Fishburne is quite a bit heavier now, so they'd have to make him thinner too (or put him on a serious diet).

I don't believe this is true anymore...The Matrix 4 is coming out on December 21st. The new John Wick movie just started production?

Last edited:
I just like the idea that Zion, torched Earth was just another layer of the Matrix and the Real World has not been exposed yet, as the maker indicated, it was another level of control. Reason why Neo could see Smith in the Real World with no eyes, save Trinity and blow up machines and end up in the train station while not connected to anything while supposedly in the Real World . Thus Neo is not really dead in the end.

Last edited:
Not really tbh. I came here for a tech question in 2005 and then didn't visit the forums much until the main page shut down. Didn't visit the main page much for years either since computers got boring between Sandy Bridge and Ryzen
RIP HardOCP
Matrix 4 will bomb. Feel free to bump this post in 2 years.
Holy bad prediction. It is destined to do well on name, and hype, alone.

.....and I'm not generally a mindless action fan.
Mindless action has it's place in my world. Typically after watching 923424234 wannabe "intellectual" films that suddenly roll credits "leaving the end open to interpretation", or "for the viewer to decide how it ended", or "the ending was implied". Lazy, lazy, lazy film-making by people that can't figure out how to handle a proper ending.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't obviously make Nobody part of the John Wick universe.
I don't give a damn about the Matrix anymore. One good movie (and a decent, but short anime spinoff) can't outweigh how bad 2, 3, and the video games were.

Mindless action has it's place in my world. Typically after watching 923424234 wannabe "intellectual" films that suddenly roll credits "leaving the end open to interpretation", or "for the viewer to decide how it ended", or "the ending was implied". Lazy, lazy, lazy film-making by people that can't figure out how to handle a proper ending.

What's generally worse than "intellectual" movies are fans of such movies, tend to be snobs. I remember having several conversations with people that watched such movies back when I worked at a movie theater, and many people that watched said movies would call you stupid to your face and think you were lesser than them "for not understanding the deep meaning of the movie". But then you'd ask them what that was, and none of them would give you the same answer. I remember this one movie about some girl escaping from some institution, forgot the name of the film. But the end of the movie used the exact same scene from the beginning of the movie with the same line and then cut to credits. The movie made absolutely no sense, and was terrible, but by god if you insulted the movie, it would have started a riot.

I tend to like movies that nobody else likes, which is great because you get an empty auditorium and don't have to deal with people. Parody movies, mindless action movies, B movies and some of the lesser liked kids movies like Planes, Alpha & Omega and Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't obviously make Nobody part of the John Wick universe.
I don't give a damn about the Matrix anymore. One good movie (and a decent, but short anime spinoff) can't outweigh how bad 2, 3, and the video games were.
This. I still remember the excitement leading up to finally seeing the Matrix 2 come out and leaving the theater asking wtf did I just watch. 3 was even worse.

RIP HardOCP

Holy bad prediction. It is destined to do well on name, and hype, alone.
Do well, in theaters? Unlikely as you can watch it same day, and it will be pirated like hell. Do well as in be a good movie? Well it would be fitting for a single good movie to come out in 2021, and it happen right before the year is over. But very unlikely, this movie is going to be awful.

Back