John McAfee Selling A $100 NSA Blocking Gadget?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Would you buy anything from this guy? I'm not saying I don't have faith in his abilities...wait...that's exactly what I am saying.

The gadget might sound like something straight out of a Bond movie, but McAfee wants to build it and sell it for less than $100. "There will be no way [for the government] to tell who you are or where you are," McAfee says. Effectively, it works by creating small private networks that act as a dark web that's inaccessible to others.

I'm still waiting on the movie on this guy. It would be along the lines of Pain & Gain unbelievable and I'd gladly watch.

It's the lunatics that make things happen. Either they are going to kill you or make right certain injustices that no one else is willing to tackle. If he makes a device like this that works then put me down for $100 and a giant fuck you to the NSA.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

I'll gladly try the solution from the eccentric ex-druggy yoga master if it pisses off the NSA.

The only guys that can tell you it works are the ones who can't tell you it works ;)

zoid_at_last_crafty_640_by_penniavaswen-d6kew5w.gif

I love this guy. If you haven't seen his video on how to remove his products from your computer please go to YouTube immediately and watch it.

If all of his car safety systems fail and he ends up driving into a tree at over 100mph we know it works.

Who stands to loose more, the NSA or all the NSA contractors that make the exploits and products?

Hell, if anything the contracting companies should be funding him, Game Theory 101, break the system, get the Govt to reissue contracts to adapt to the new system, rinse and repeat.

If all of his car safety systems fail and he ends up driving into a tree at over 100mph we know it works.

Who stands to loose more, the NSA or all the NSA contractors that make the exploits and products?

Hell, if anything the contracting companies should be funding him, Game Theory 101, break the system, get the Govt to reissue contracts to adapt to the new system, rinse and repeat.

More likely, the NSA would get in with whatever company is manufacturing the device and get an exploit chip added surreptitiously. That is how the IPSEC VPN standard became the insecure mess it was, as we later learned NSA guys got in on the IPSEC standard and watered it down to the point where no one could be how secure it actually was.

Back