John Carmack Had Minecraft VR Running On Oculus Quest

erek

[H]F Junkie
Would you play Minecraft on the Quest?

"Responding to a user who said Minecraft on Quest would be amazing, Carmack wrote:

I had it running with full position tracking, but we never got the schedules aligned to be able to take it into production. You could still make yourself sick bounding up and down around the terrain, but walking around was great.
Minecraft is available for Gear VR and Rift but has yet to make its debut on standalone VR headsets like Go or the Quest despite strong support from the community and some efforts to bring over unofficial versions of the software. The last update from Microsoft was in September 2019, when it marked the issue as ‘under review’ on the company’s feedback tracker.

Carmack now works at Oculus for Facebook in only a limited capacity, after he transitioned to a consulting role in November last year."

https://uploadvr.com/john-carmack-minecraft-oculus-quest/

Pretty sure you just connect that wire to the Quest today and play all the Minecraft VR you want..........this seems specifically to play wirelessly, I'm guessing......

Pretty sure you just connect that wire to the Quest today and play all the Minecraft VR you want..........this seems specifically to play wirelessly, I'm guessing......
Not wirelessly. Self-contained.

Minecraft on Rift is a pretty cool experience. Especially in creative being able to fly around.

Minecraft is quite cool in VR. Too bad my creative skills are 0 so I usually just play it like a survival horror game.

Back