Jimquisition: Ubisoft

Ubi hasn't been good since BGE. Borrowed a 360 copy of the most recent AC, found it to be pretty boring. That said, "everything is worth what its purchaser will pay." That, in my case, is nothing.

Seriously fuck Ubisoft. I really don't understand what kind of methed out retarded monkey runs the show there. but all I literally want at this point is for them to go bankrupt and sell off the IP's to someone else. This is how bad it's gotten. I don't care who they sell them to. ANYTHING would be an improvement.

On a side note Jim is getting really annoying and he needs to drop the self-involved bit. I get it, it's a "character" but it's really an ear ache. He's had some decent things to say, but I'm just ignoring most of his videos altogether because of it. It's not funny.

Looks like the dude ate Ubisoft. :eek:

If he did, he'd puke it right back up.

Of course it goes without saying that I agree with this dude. EA sucks and so does Ubisoft.

They raped the Assassin's Creed franchise, I mean AC2 was a GREAT game, probably in my top 10 of all time (in spots 8-10), yet with Brotherhood and Revelations, they butchered it and fucking jumped the shark with it.

Fucking assholes.

Kotickization doesn't extend to just Actishitivision games, it permeates across the spectrum of the video game industry these days. Devs and companies aren't just selling you a game anymore, they are trying to upsell you on the extras and generate additonal revenue, and you can think of annual releases the same way. It's just a half assed shell of what could have been rather than a full blown realization of the potential of a game or franchise, or both.

Of course, in all things, vote with your wallet.

Kotickization doesn't extend to just Actishitivision games, it permeates across the spectrum of the video game industry these days. Devs and companies aren't just selling you a game anymore, they are trying to upsell you on the extras and generate additonal revenue, and you can think of annual releases the same way. It's just a half assed shell of what could have been rather than a full blown realization of the potential of a game or franchise, or both.

Of course, in all things, vote with your wallet.

That's meat of it. There's a distinct difference between companies selling you a game and companies selling you a product.

For me the bigger the advertizing and merchandizing of a product the less likely it is I'm gonna buy it and it's not so much the politics as it is I know I just won't enjoy the games which end up being pretty hollow. It's a weird trend thats being going on the last couple years.

haha that was great. totally agree with the guy

I hope it goes viral and the ubisoft exec's get to watch it

I don't always agree with Jim "god" Sterling, but he's spot on, on this. Some of the higherups at Ubi must be inherently evil and deliberately out to troll people with their shitty services, cause they can't possibly expect to not hurt income, with the gaming community pretty much agreeing that they do too much bad, to even bother with their games anymore

I love Jim. He has slowly gained popularity and respect with his seemingly childish rants. I love the episode wherein he claims that childish immature behaviour is infinitely more effective than trying 'to be reasonable', and gives real-world examples to help carry his point. Honestly, words to live by.

Seriously, take a look at it.

This guy is hilarious, just watched loads of his videos. I like him more than both TB and Yahtzee combined

I'll say one thing good thing about Ubisoft. They hardly make any games I'd want where I would feel like I'm selling my soul to the devil if I buy their game.

I boycotted Ubi a long time ago. He brings up a good point about them holding bge2 at ransom by saying if x sells well we'll reward you with y. Fuck this, and I think he's right about kickstart too.

I share his view of DRM, but man, what a bloated windbag.....

Yes, he's a gaming journalist, and this is what he's "supposed" to do, but he comes across so unprofessional w/ his childish tirade of f-bombs. No way in hell Ubisoft or EA for that matter, would take this guy seriously. I sure don't.....

While I'm on board with any criticism Ubishaft gets, I cannot stand this guy. He's like Tom Leykis's nerdy doppelganger with just as much levels of smug.

I share his view of DRM, but man, what a bloated windbag.....

Yes, he's a gaming journalist, and this is what he's "supposed" to do, but he comes across so unprofessional w/ his childish tirade of f-bombs. No way in hell Ubisoft or EA for that matter, would take this guy seriously. I sure don't.....

see my above post.

Jim Sterling is a gigantic douchebag sellout that says controversial things to generate page hits. I feel dirty for even bumping this thread.

Jim Sterling is a gigantic douchebag sellout that says controversial things to generate page hits. I feel dirty for even bumping this thread.

Aka he said something you don't like and offended you so you have a personal vendetta.

Seriosly, I was not impressed at all with him at first. After you watch his videos, you see that he has REALLY good points, and he acts like a complete wanker simply to get his point across.

In the back of my mind I'm kinda like "Yeah I agree jim but like a 100 other journalists have brought this up and put it better". Even on the escapist there was this crew of 3 or so doing discussions on all this stuff, they're on Penny-arcade since the escapist decided it shouldn't have to pay them(long story).

So yeah in a way he's just buying more hits with his retarded antics.

"Extra credits"

Much better show than the jimQ, but Jim still has a valid opinion.

Aka he said something you don't like and offended you so you have a personal vendetta.
Nope :D I meant what I said and nothing else. It's not like he even makes an effort to hide it.

Saying what I don't like makes me disagree. Saying what millions of people don't like just to generate page hits makes me disrespect.

I respect plenty of people that I disagree with!

Last edited:
Nope :D I meant what I said and nothing else. It's not like he even makes an effort to hide it.

Saying what I don't like makes me disagree. Saying what millions of people don't like just to generate page hits makes me disrespect.

I respect plenty of people that I disagree with!

Jim has strong opinions on everything. Outside of the character he plays in these videos he believes in everything he says. If he was solely about trolling there would be dozens of articles that he wouldn't put up or would put up in different ways. There is a lot of satire in what he puts up, but when he goes on a rant about something there is generally a reason.

He's completely, utterly, 100% correct, though.

:rolleyes:
This time. He can't be a full time troll or it will just be satire. He slips something legit in now and then so people think he really believes his trolls and rageclick his articles.

This time. He can't be a full time troll or it will just be satire. He slips something legit in now and then so people think he really believes his trolls and rageclick his articles.

You really need to actually READ his stuff with an open mind. Most of the things he says on that show are correct or at least worthy of some thought. The same with most of his articles on GameFront. His extreme troll baiting articles ARE satire and if you would actually read and understand some of them and look at the comments you'd see sometimes they bring up some very interesting discussion among the idiocy of the DToid community. I used to think like you, but someone directed me to his Twitter account and he talks a lot about reactions to people and articles in there. There is a fair amount of him laughing at idiots, but a lot of him talking more about when people try to call him out on being biased or trolling.

I like the guy as an entertainer, which is what he is, he just happens to use a combination of satire, absurdity, truth and annoyance as his platform. I don't understand people who can see through his shtick; it's over the top obvious. All the people raging against page views and clicks should slowly back away from new media for a while because that is what all new media is: Analytics, Cpm's, Upv's and the like.

I like the guy as an entertainer, which is what he is, he just happens to use a combination of satire, absurdity, truth and annoyance as his platform. I don't understand people who can see through his shtick; it's over the top obvious. All the people raging against page views and clicks should slowly back away from new media for a while because that is what all new media is: Analytics, Cpm's, Upv's and the like.

It's not a matter of not being able to see through his antics it's not being able to get past it. The View has some interesting discussions but it's still The fucking View. I did notice he minimized that awful awful garbage introduction so I only have to skip 10 seconds of garbage and not 30-40 seconds of ear bleeding.

yep, same dude.

and let's not forget the generous score of 9.5 he gave to MW3

http://www.destructoid.com/review-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-215404.phtml
From observing Jim Sterling, I've discerned his methods:
1. Learn the prevailing opinion
2. Opine the opposite
3. Watch the page hits roll in
4. Order three foot-long subs for lunch
5. Eat an entire jar of mayonnaise and five pounds of deep-fried Snickers for dessert
6. Argue with people who have a different opinion (everyone) and tell them they are wrong
7. Repeat steps 3 and 5

From observing Jim Sterling, I've discerned his methods:
1. Learn the prevailing opinion
2. Opine the opposite
3. Watch the page hits roll in
4. Order three foot-long subs for lunch
5. Eat an entire jar of mayonnaise and five pounds of deep-fried Snickers for dessert
6. Argue with people who have a different opinion (everyone) and tell them they are wrong
7. Repeat steps 3 and 5

Step 8. Profit.

So what's wrong with that? He is not a journalist, he is an entertainer. It's his job to make money through controversy. It's like yelling at a politician for lying or government for being inefficient.

Interestingly enough, I see the JimQ as more of a slap in the face rather than a trolling. I have yet to severely disagree with him, and I'm an average gamer. Jim Sterling says important, relevant things in a childish, overbearing, and profane way. I've seen trolls, and I disagree with them. I disagree with them simply because that is the reaction they set out to achieve. If Sterling was a troll, he would say Ubisoft was a great company. If he was a troll, he would say CoD sucks, and has sloppy gameplay. Instead he says things that are true, but sometimes are hard to grip, such as defending CoD when hating it is the newest 'dog in a purse' of the gaming community.

But he's fat, so he's wrong. Logic.

Back