Jim Carrey to Play “Sonic the Hedgehog” Villain Robotnik

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
There is a live action/CGI adaptation of Sonic on the way, and Jim Carrey has been tapped to play the hedgehog’s long-running villain, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. Carrey last starred in investigative thriller Dark Crimes, which currently sits at 0% on the Tomatometer.

Pic stars James Marsden and Tika Sumpter and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Neal Moritz, Mie Onishi and Tim Miller are producers. Pat Casey & Josh Miller wrote the script. Sonic must stop Dr. Eggman from completing his plans for world domination is basically the gist of this one.

Hollywood turning to Jim Carrey in 2018 is a good example of who's left in comedy that can still work in Hollywood.......Robin Williams didn't kill himself out of depression, he just read the tea leaves and said "yeah, I'm not sticking around for this bullshit".

Also: Hollywood, if you're making Sonic the Hedgehog movies, seriously..forget what we said earlier, just stick to re-re-remakes. THIS ISLAND EARTH and FORBIDDEN PLANET are anxiously awaiting their Hip-Hip soundtracks.....

I probably wouldn't see it anyway, but having Jim Carrey in it is a definite turn off for me. Jim Carrey makes my skin crawl. His politics and bat shit crazy comments put him nearly on the same level as flat Earthers.

This sound like a pet project....

Sonic the hedgehog was 90's game material. That's 25 years ago. All of us, myself included, that enjoyed sonic are now mid 30's to say mid 50's -- or older. This is not the type of movie I'd watch, or even rent and I enjoyed Sonic as much as the next guy in the 90s...

So who then is their target demographic? Younger kids probably don't even know who Sonic the hedgehog is and it won't have the nostalgia appeal.

Who greenlights these things? Why is this happening?

Hollywood turning to Jim Carrey in 2018 is a good example of who's left in comedy that can still work in Hollywood.......Robin Williams didn't kill himself out of depression, he just read the tea leaves and said "yeah, I'm not sticking around for this bullshit".

Also: Hollywood, if you're making Sonic the Hedgehog movies, seriously..forget what we said earlier, just stick to re-re-remakes. THIS ISLAND EARTH and FORBIDDEN PLANET are anxiously awaiting their Hip-Hip soundtracks.....

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. 10/10

I'll take half the pay these dimwits are getting and deliver better results.

Call me, Hollywood.

Probably be worse than the 2nd US animated Sonic series in the early to mid nineties.

I probably wouldn't see it anyway, but having Jim Carrey in it is a definite turn off for me. Jim Carrey makes my skin crawl. His politics and bat shit crazy comments put him nearly on the same level as flat Earthers.

What's wrong with FE'ers!? j/k
Seriously, I'm joking.
Still like to see one in the White House tho. Seriously.

Sad but Jim stopped being funny years ago. Also, never mix business with politics.

Like Fire Marshal Bill?

Reactions: PeaKr
like this
Sad but Jim stopped being funny years ago. Also, never mix business with politics.
But, but what would we do without celebrities and their brilliant political insight?

"Folks, this move by Dan Snyder inspires me, because my show has frequently come under attack for having a so-called offensive mascot, my beloved character Ching Chong Ding Dong. ... Offensive or not -- NOT -- Ching Chong is part of the unique heritage of the Colbert Nation that cannot change. But I'm willing to show the Asian community that I care by introducing the Ching Chong Ding Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever. ... I owe all this sensitivity to Redskins owner Dan Snyder. So Asians, send your thank-you letters to him, not me."--- Stephen Colbert

I'll take half the pay these dimwits are getting and deliver better results.

Call me, Hollywood.

574e9258d109b3de9d7d719dc9bf6c81810a4c00.png

Because they don't want somebody that looks like that. j/k

The fan made movie years back gave a slight impression that somebody that put effort in could actually create an ok movie. This casting shows that this won't be the case here.

View attachment 85715

Because they don't want somebody that looks like that. j/k

Why not? Robotnik should look like that.

Wow. That pic of J.C. for this thread. He should consider trying to get cast as skeletor in he-man or something. Poor guy, heard he's been having a rough time in the last few years and it shows there.

He has full blown TDS.
God damit, let me Google that for myself.......
Telephone and Data Systems... nope.
Trump Derangement Syndrome.... I suffer from that, oh god, 2 more years of 45 and 6k, two long years...... Carey could suffer from that, don't I he voted for Hillarity, tho
.....next......
Um, ya, think I'll skip that one, next!
Testosterone deficiency syndrome, yep, think I found it.

Back