Jet Moto....anyone miss it?

lesman

2[H]4U
I loved the Jet Moto series on the PS1. I thought for sure they'd bring it to the then-next-gen-PS2. But they didn't......Does anyone know what heppened with that or why? The game was so damn fun, and it had so much potential on a next gen system. Anyone know, or feel the same as me?

Oh jesus one of the few games I ever played for the PS1!!! I played the 2nd game for years... I must go to gamestop and look for this fun!!!

Oh snap, that game brings back good memories. My favorite thing in the game is doing tricks and hearing people cheer depending on the trick, works great with the speed boost cheat and playing on that Hawaii track with those big ass rocks sticking out of the ocean. Hehe, never did care for the racing part cause it's freaking hard, got to turn the corner with that giant pink magnetic pole or risk losing the race.

Jet Moto was freakin awesome, 2 was even better, I was just thinking about this game yesterday, needs to get me new copies.

I know 989 studios bought the rights (and ruined everything they touched), and they're defunct now aren't they? Who knows who owns the rights now.

that game was fun. havent thought about jet moto in years.

I remember before I bought it, I would play it at KB toys...one day I printed out a big sheet of cheats and took it to KB toys and just played away...good times.

Yeah, it was great. :eek: I am gonna dig further and check whats up with that series!

lol that game was fun as hell.

I remember the one level where you were on a giant hovering race track above the city, that was awesome..

also loved the swamp ones!

great games.

This thread reminds me I have the original Jet-Moto for PC. I need to find that game and install it. Was great fun playing that game.

Even better than the game was the commercial with the old lady playing it and the guy gets off his bike and starts screaming at her. Good times :D

I have not played this game in years. It was one of ym favorite games for the PS1.

I think it was either part 1 or 2 with the stage that had the street-asphalt ramps jutting out of the water. Me and my friends found a bug where if u drove under the ramp and hit the nitro at the right time it would launch you hundreds of feet into the air and you could do like 8 backflips at once.

mr.fishie said:
I think it was either part 1 or 2 with the stage that had the street-asphalt ramps jutting out of the water. Me and my friends found a bug where if u drove under the ramp and hit the nitro at the right time it would launch you hundreds of feet into the air and you could do like 8 backflips at once.

LOL i did that stuff all the time, on the huge ice level you can actually run it backwards, and launch straight up into the air from the walls on the glaciers

I loved that game as well. Good times. I played that and WipeoutXL for hours and hours and hours ect.

funny how the older games seem to be so much more fun than new ones sometimes :)

Oh man good times here!! I remember doing time trials with my 2 bros. Heck we did time trials in any game that didnt even have the feature. Sonic Adventure for Sega Genesis comes to mind...beat the level fast as you can!

Rhentno said:
I loved that game as well. Good times. I played that and WipeoutXL for hours and hours and hours ect.

yea i played both of these games for many hours aswell on my trusty ps1. However i did enjoy wipeout xl more than jet moto.

Yeah these games were great, I remember getting good enough to bounce off the boundaries and stay in the track gained me huge leads, pissed off anybody playing with me lol.

Jet Moto... 1 and 2 were a pair of the best, most unique and fun racing games I have ever played. Also the Music was awesome, the maps were great and the GFX were always next gen. What a Hella Great time I had playing that game.

I think I will be dusting off the disks tonight.

I recall that game was attempting to imitate N64's Wave Racer (now THAT game I miss), I dont remember Jet Moto being that good. BUT I did enjoy killing people on the hidden Jet Moto track in Twisted Metal 2 :)

mr.fishie said:
I freakin' loved that level! It was part one. That was probebly my favorite level of 'em all. Remember how they used that "shape" system to let you know the difficulty of the track? Square was easy, triangle was medium, and diamond was difficult. Then there was the level above the city...it was the only one with a double diamond difficulty. Ahh....I gotta buy a PS1....away to the fs/ft forums! :)

Back