Jet.com announced free membership today

Yea, I was looking at their Graco paint sprayers. The one that I am interested in is about $30 more than I can get locally at Menards.

Yea, I was looking at their Graco paint sprayers. The one that I am interested in is about $30 more than I can get locally at Menards.

If it's worth the hassle to you, you can email [email protected] with the lower price and they will address it. I found a power supply on amazon for cheaper and emailed them and got back a "We take pricing very seriously" response and an updated price about an hour later.

I got a new wireless headset from them recently, it was $6 cheaper then Amazon plus they have that $15 off for first time buyers.

Hahahah, yea....when I read that email, I was like "Amazon, you are gonna have to step it up". Even though Amazon has more benefits to their membership, I can see a large migration over to Jet. Now if Jet can hold their own, Amazon may/will have to re-consider their approach on membership pricing.

Hahahah, yea....when I read that email, I was like "Amazon, you are gonna have to step it up". Even though Amazon has more benefits to their membership, I can see a large migration over to Jet. Now if Jet can hold their own, Amazon may/will have to re-consider their approach on membership pricing.

Especially since Amazon started charging me tax last week. :(

Not sure if Jet has a physical presence in my state and will be required to or not... guess I'll find out when I place my first order.

Hmmmm. I checked my JET account and found a cock ring in the cart.

I thought the whole premise of this site was they sold items at very little to no profit and made up for it with years memberships. Guess that didn't pan out in the few months this has existed.

this is the first I've heard of jet....interesting idea, it's good the made them free because I wouldn't pay for it...

this is the first I've heard of jet....interesting idea, it's good the made them free because I wouldn't pay for it...

Yea just like I won't pay for Prime what a joke. :rolleyes: That includes Newegg Premier and Wal-marts Amazon ploy either.

I don't understand their business model, it seem unfeasible. Hell, Amazon always had a better one yet it took about 10 years before they saw a profit.

Meh, Prime WAY more than makes up for the cost if you shop at all. Free shipping on most everything. Just like Costco or whatever. You have to use it to make it worthwhile.

I don't understand their business model, it seem unfeasible. Hell, Amazon always had a better one yet it took about 10 years before they saw a profit.

Amazon's lack of profit was less because the business model is flawed, but because they keep reinvesting in themselves.

Jet's business model is to convince shoppers to buy more things

They make shopping a bit of a game, like gambling. And people get addicted to gambling. A very small percentage of their shoppers are going to represent the largest amount of their sales in the end, I believe.

This site is fucking satan! It is entirely designed to make you want to buy everything at once, and then some more. I need to forget that this place even exists because I need a new CPU, water cooler and GPU for my rig so this can get real expensive real fast...

undersell everyone for the first year, take losses to attract a huuuuuge customer base. Jan. 1 after the sale season is over, you now dump fees and memberships onto everyone as you now have customer base. American business model at its finest.

On another note, I am buying right and left from them now to take advantage of this before the model changes LOL.

Hmm.. jet is interesting.

I took advantage of free shipping over $35, and $10 off $35 for first time customer. I figure I give it a shot, not much to love.

I just placed an order for a few household things that I was originally going to order from Amazon.

I placed and order for 3 types of items. I received confirmation, and the order is actually being fullfilled by 3 different sellers. So it seems that Jet is just a reseller, and doesn't actually ship stuff (i may be wrong, my sample size is small).

A few things I prefer Amazon over Jet:
1. Reviews - if there is are Thousands of positive reviews on an item, I am pretty sure I will like it. Great for things you don't really buy often, or want to do deep research. (I hate buyer's remorse)

2. No Option for Sam Day - I love this Amazon Prime feature :D

- Ton

I placed and order for 3 types of items. I received confirmation, and the order is actually being fullfilled by 3 different sellers. So it seems that Jet is just a reseller, and doesn't actually ship stuff (i may be wrong, my sample size is small).

Sort of right. They are buying from other sellers and eating the extra shipping charge. If they see enough traffic on an item, they source it themselves. You likely picked items they don't stock yet but you "voted" to have them stock it.

One thing most interesting to me is how people are so critical of Jet's business model. Who the hell cares? I mean it favors the buyer right now so I'm going to enjoy it and if they go tits up, I'll survive.

I ordered a GPU from Jet.com and the FedEx tracking hasn't moved in over a week. I called support and they said they would "contact their retail partner". Now the waiting game begins.

For those folks interested, a bit more update about my order from Jet.

As I mentioned, I order 3 different items. From my receipt, my order is being fulfilled by 3 separate vendors. So far, I received one of my items from Buy.com (a power strip).

The funny part is that my item from buy.com came in like 2 days. Buy.com has presences in California, and I should be charged tax. But guess what.. I wasn't charged any sale tax on my order, which is very nice.

Also, I looked at my credit card statement today, and was a bit surprised. I was expecting to see a single charge from Jet. Instead, I had 3 separate charges from each of the vendor.

Thought that was interesting, and wanted to share w/ the community.

- Ton

Need a new router for home. It was $99 on amazon and newegg.. because of this thread I checked out jet.com. After using the $10 off first order rebate, and after using my debit card to knock another 1.5% and some other random savings I got the router for a shade over $80.

I'm adding them to my rotation when shopping online, router is shipping via fedex from Illinois and should be to Maryland friday.

I ordered a GPU from Jet.com and the FedEx tracking hasn't moved in over a week. I called support and they said they would "contact their retail partner". Now the waiting game begins.

Still nothing, and Jet support keeps telling me to be patient. I think it's chargeback time.

Back