Jet - ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo $581 shipped

I grabbed one with TRIPLE15 instead for a total of $600. I've made about four accounts by now and I don't want to make another and risk them cancelling. :(

Between this and a BenQ HT2050 I grabbed a couple weeks ago for $700, Jet is getting a lot more of my money than Newegg who never has any deals and Amazon who charges tax.

I want it but with the possibility of a TI in the very near future or people dumping theirs cheap is tempting to not to ignore.

Last edited:
I have no confidence in NV that those will be readily available. I expect them to be OOS coming from NV directly, only to be relisted on Ebay and other sites for $1500+. I never thought it'd be so difficult doing a SFF (mITX) build. It's been taking me months to figure this one out!

Priced right about where it should be. Basically $19 cheaper than MSRP.

Now if this was at MSRP before discounts then I would say hot.

I'm sure the price will drop during the holidays
I'm already seeing people getting rid of their 1080s in preparation for the Titan X (Pascal), but their asking price remains closer to market, and not MSRP :p

Priced right about where it should be. Basically $19 cheaper than MSRP.

Now if this was at MSRP before discounts then I would say hot.

At the time this was $50-70 cheaper than any other retailer, pretty good deal if you ask me.

Mine arrived today and it works great, bumped it up to 2000/5500 and played for a couple hours without issue.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

But the next time i see an Nvidia clown on stage announcing their new GPU line, and the low low msrp of just $599.99, while the bloggers and youtubers who were flown out to the event and given free "review samples" all rejoice and praise Nvidia for bestowing upon us their kindness, i'm going rush that fucking stage and beat the living shit out of him, then remind him what a lying piece of shit he and his company are with their endless soft launch fuckery.

Fuck Nvidia.

Thanks for listening!

Have a great day!:D:ROFLMAO::D

But the next time i see an Nvidia clown on stage announcing their new GPU line, and the low low msrp of just $599.99, while the bloggers and youtubers who were flown out to the event and given free "review samples" all rejoice and praise Nvidia for bestowing upon us their kindness, i'm going rush that fucking stage and beat the living shit out of him, then remind him what a lying piece of shit he and his company are with their endless soft launch fuckery.

Fuck Nvidia.

Thanks for listening!

wKSHRgK.png

not a soft launch btw

wKSHRgK.png

not a soft launch btw

It wasn't, but this thread is just more proof of the complete lack of stock since day one.

But hey, real intelligent response there.. Here's your star for your forehead.

Fuck Nvidia.

Thanks for listening!

Stop trying to act like a boss. You aren't going to rush the stage, and even if you did you'd either get taken into custody or outright killed by security. Why are you trying to act like such a badass? It just makes you look like an idiot.

Stop trying to act like a boss. You aren't going to rush the stage, and even if you did you'd either get taken into custody or outright killed by security. Why are you trying to act like such a badass? It just makes you look like an idiot.

1. I was metaphorically speaking. Calm down.

2. I am a boss.

3. Let the price gouging continue.

Fuck Nvidia.

Thanks for listening!

You sound very rational.

Thanks for taking the time to post your precious wisdom. I'm sure you're a real peach.:rolleyes:

He was joking around lol. Relax I think you are the one that is taking this too seriously lol

Reactions: fociz
like this
I got tired of waiting so I just picked one up for $582. I figured the extra performance over the 1070 was worth it in the long run.

Where did you buy it?

A real live 1080? I stalked amazon, B&H and newegg. After missing repeated founders edition cards in stock because I was deluded I could snag a non-reference card with more fans and such, I snagged the same model the OP posted from newegg. It was $629 +tax and shipping. Closest to MSRP I saw anyplace at the time. I got it almost a month ago.

I think the prices are indicative of poor competition combined with insufficient yield. I finally HAD to replace my aging i7 920 setup. I had to pick a video card. Had 980ti's eased up in price much over the lifespan of the product, I'd probably have gotten one and waited for the successor to the 1080. A place holder would cost me a couple hundred, so I figured I could deal with the inflated prices and just be done with my build.

If you stalk the big retailers you can get an FE card for just a few bucks more.

I grabbed one with TRIPLE15 instead for a total of $600. I've made about four accounts by now and I don't want to make another and risk them cancelling. :(

Between this and a BenQ HT2050 I grabbed a couple weeks ago for $700, Jet is getting a lot more of my money than Newegg who never has any deals and Amazon who charges tax.

How long did it take yours to come in? My order has been "processing" for more than 24 hours even though they charged my account the second I ordered it!

How long did it take yours to come in? My order has been "processing" for more than 24 hours even though they charged my account the second I ordered it!

They were slow to update the order status, for both of my items. They actually shipped them a good 12-24 hours before I got a notice that they were shipped, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. You'll probably get tracking info shortly and look it up and see that it's already in transit.

They were slow to update the order status, for both of my items. They actually shipped them a good 12-24 hours before I got a notice that they were shipped, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. You'll probably get tracking info shortly and look it up and see that it's already in transit.

Thanks, that makes me feel better!

Well, I'm done with Jet! After waiting two days I got this cancellation notice today: "We’re really sorry about this – your order cannot be fulfilled and will be canceled due to unexpected unavailability."

I'd read on the nowinstock forums of others complaining about Jet charging them and then cancelling their orders but I thought it was isolated cases.

So I'm warning everyone not to do business with jet.com!

That sucks dude. I've not had any problems but they definitely should have told you something sooner if they didn't even have the product.

I did end up getting mine from Jet. It was $591 shipped for me as I paid with credit. What I found interesting is that it actually came from Newegg. It came in a Newegg box, with the same Newegg style of invoice, just with Jet.com logo at the top as opposed to the Newegg logo. So either Jet or Newegg failed with stock availability there.

Walmart Is Said to Be in Talks to Acquire Jet.com for $3 billion.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/b...id-to-be-in-talks-to-acquire-jetcom.html?_r=0

Au revoir deals. :(

I really hope not, because tax is a killer in CA, and there aren't many options for us out here.

I did end up getting mine from Jet. It was $591 shipped for me as I paid with credit. What I found interesting is that it actually came from Newegg. It came in a Newegg box, with the same Newegg style of invoice, just with Jet.com logo at the top as opposed to the Newegg logo. So either Jet or Newegg failed with stock availability there.

I really hope not, because tax is a killer in CA, and there aren't many options for us out here.

Jet ships nothing directly. They match your order with a retailer willing to fill it. Newegg fills a lot of the tech orders from Jet.com.

Well, I'm done with Jet! After waiting two days I got this cancellation notice today: "We’re really sorry about this – your order cannot be fulfilled and will be canceled due to unexpected unavailability."

I'd read on the nowinstock forums of others complaining about Jet charging them and then cancelling their orders but I thought it was isolated cases.

So I'm warning everyone not to do business with jet.com!

I had the same thing happen to me on the Gigabyte Extreme Water AIO TX 1080 a week ago. I called and complained about how much inconvenience this caused me with my gaming. They gave me a $30 credit on top of the $50 coupon. I bought 2 MSI RX470s, for $330 total, after all the coupons for the kids PCs. Picked up 2 EVGA FTW DT GTX 1080s from B&H instead for $650 each. Going to sell their 270x's, i saw they still sell from $50-$75.

Not sure I trust Jet and also their promo codes have a max of $30 off per their fine print.

15% off of $600 is not happening.

Fuck Nvidia.

Thanks for listening!

Yet you own A gtx 970....? Must not hate them that much.

Yet you own A gtx 970....? Must not hate them that much.

Irrelevant he is talking about the 1080 pricing. Plus you don't have to like company practices to like a good product. Products define themselves. I don't like nvidia's bullshit pricing structure either but I have a 1070 evga. But nvidia can take the founders editions crap and shove it up their ass.

Irrelevant he is talking about the 1080 pricing. Plus you don't have to like company practices to like a good product. Products define themselves. I don't like nvidia's bullshit pricing structure either but I have a 1070 evga. But nvidia can take the founders editions crap and shove it up their ass.

Not 1080 related, but I refuse to support Nvidia's business practices with my hard earned money and would recommend others refuse as well. I try to say it at every opportunity.

I had the same thing happen to me on the Gigabyte Extreme Water AIO TX 1080 a week ago. I called and complained about how much inconvenience this caused me with my gaming. They gave me a $30 credit on top of the $50 coupon. I bought 2 MSI RX470s, for $330 total, after all the coupons for the kids PCs. Picked up 2 EVGA FTW DT GTX 1080s from B&H instead for $650 each. Going to sell their 270x's, i saw they still sell from $50-$75.

With the Gigabyte 1070 for $399 from Newegg and Amazon, I decided to order from Jet with the SHOP10 coupon. Would have been $380 after tax (NJ). But the order was canceled (It did show out of stock on newegg after the cancelation). Although it was in stock at the time of order. I wonder if they go through the stock at newegg orders first and then go to Jet orders, or if they are pulled at the same time.

Since my R9 290 was giving me black screens at boot (on my old Windows 7 machine I could get into Afterburner to change settings, but on Windows 10 immediate crash). Needed a replacement and ordered a FTW DT (from bhphotovideo, I am aware that it did not pass FTW testing). Was able to get free next day delivery and it seems to be running well, other than precisionx oc not wanting to load properly).

Back