Jeff Kampman Resigns as Editor-in-Chief of The Tech Report

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Tech Report Editor-in-Chief Jeff Kampman has posted his farewell letter to fans of the PC hardware website. He took over the reigns of The Tech Report after Scott Wasson left to work at AMD in 2015. He thanked the wonderful community at The Tech Report, the freelance writers, sysadmin, and vendors. Seth Colaner will take over The Tech Report as its interim managing editor. He is the current Editor-in-Chief of the mechanical keyboard enthusiast website; Keychatter.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce I am stepping down as the site's Editor-in-Chief, effective as of the end of this week. It has been a great pleasure and honor to serve as your eyes and ears in the PC hardware world for over four years. I never would have imagined that I would come to head one of the most respected sites in the industry--one I read faithfully for many years before throwing my hat into the ring as a humble freelance writer. That opportunity has been a dream come true for me, even as I pass the torch today. Once more, it's been a true honor and privilege to serve you as TR's Editor-in-Chief. I'll see you around the 'net.

He wasn't in the position for very long. Wonder why he left?
He probably found a better paying job since that site doesn't get a ton of traffic and/or the ad revenue isn't that great. The forums are pretty barren as well.

I was reading to find out what the scandal was, so use to people only leaving like that do to a scandal.

Times change and they should utilize Techspot model, as they are not one of the focal point sites with the old business model.

A lot of work, but sort of required to stay viable in the days of video.

Back