Jeff Bezos to Shoot Himself Into Space

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Apparently Jeff Bezos has decided that one of the first people to go to space in a rocket made by Blue Origon, a company he founded 21 years ago will be him and his brother Mark.

Bon Voyage Mr Bezos.

Don't turn into this guy while you are up there:

front~2.jpg

Last edited:
As well as Musk and friends they will be the Hollywood created superheros & villains that only the simple will cheer for :rolleyes:

He's needs to check-in on his Space Station full of Master Race Plants......

I wonder if he'll pioneer the first ever 'Dick Pic In Space' while's he up there (assuming Armstrong didn't hide one away somewhere).

Generally speaking, if you're one of the richest people in the world, you shouldn't be firing yourself into space as the test dummy on your private company's first attempt at manned spaceflight.

Generally speaking, if you're one of the richest people in the world, you shouldn't be firing yourself into space as the test dummy on your private company's first attempt at manned spaceflight.
History says otherwise. I'm not sure Bezos is that guy, but many very successful companies in the past, the owner would test the experimental equipment as a statement of faith in their engineers and designs. Howard Hughes comes to mind.

History says otherwise. I'm not sure Bezos is that guy, but many very successful companies in the past, the owner would test the experimental equipment as a statement of faith in their engineers and designs. Howard Hughes comes to mind.

On the other hand, the United States sent a qualified astronaut, Alan Shepard, into space, and not president Kennedy the first time around.

It just seems like a completely unnecessary risk with little upside.

On the other hand, the United States sent a qualified astronaut, Alan Shepard, into space, and not president Kennedy the first time around.

It just seems like a completely unnecessary risk with little upside.
Once upon a time business owners we're actually qualified. The head of NASA engineering would have been more than qualified to fly first time around. But NASA doesnt exactly have an "owner" per say. Plus the whole idea with NASA was that they were building super complex engineering equipment that was intended to be piloted by fighter jocks. The engineers had a lot of learning to do.

Especially Musk after the flame throwers...

Doesn't count, he didn't invent or even resell any actual flame throwers. It was a marketing stunt.

So is this, mind you. Musk is looking too cool, Bezos needs to get back up there, in a headline sense.

Doesn't count, he didn't invent or even resell any actual flame throwers. It was a marketing stunt.

So is this, mind you. Musk is looking too cool, Bezos needs to get back up there, in a headline sense.
not sure hank scorpio invented or sold flame throwers either, but he *was* a Bond-style villian.

Reactions: travm
like this
not sure hank scorpio invented or sold flame throwers either, but he *was* a Bond-style villian.

No, I mean, the things Musk was selling weren't actual flame throwers. They don't count.

Bezos is way higher up when it comes to Bond villain activities, he's just bored.

I've always said Bezos and Musk are proto-Bond villains. Especially Musk after the flame throwers...

View attachment 364291
I see Musk as the real-life Howard Stark/Tony Stark. Bezos reminds me too much of Lex Luthor.

Really though, can you blame the guy - what kid didn't want to go to space, and he has the opportunity to do it? He must be feeling like a 10-year old at the prospect of flying into space, something only the select few get to do.

I see Musk as the real-life Howard Stark/Tony Stark. Bezos reminds me too much of Lex Luthor.
Yeah Musk loves being called Tony Stark... only difference is Stark was actually a genius who invented everything he used. Musk largely just had his engineers tweak some things in older ideas and smiles (awkwardly) for the crowd and sends random tweets out slinging mud at others.

Really though, can you blame the guy - what kid didn't want to go to space, and he has the opportunity to do it? He must be feeling like a 10-year old at the prospect of flying into space, something only the select few get to do.
i would wait until flight two, just to make sure the first flight doesn't blow up.

i would wait until flight two, just to make sure the first flight doesn't blow up.
Well it's not like it's the actual first flight, they've flown before, many times, just without people in it. So it doesn't need people to fly it, as it largely is a very expensive amusement park ride.

Yeah Musk loves being called Tony Stark... only difference is Stark was actually a genius who invented everything he used. Musk largely just had his engineers tweak some things in older ideas and smiles (awkwardly) for the crowd and sends random tweets out slinging mud at others.
Musk's title at SpaceX says otherwise (Chief Engineer).

My comparison (and really I see him as modern-day Howard Hughes, but since the comic book comparisons have been made) is more along the lines of his love for technology and his willingness to look at something that is declared impossible (whether from a technical standpoint or a practical standpoint - see Tesla car company working like no other car company) and just doing it.

If Jeff Bezos wears Amazon boxes as a suit then I'm all for it. Just wondering, but who gets his fortune if he dies?

Back