Jedi Outcast coming to Switch and PS4

That was a fun old game for sure... I play it on steam every so often. What it really lacked was the number of triangles... the npc's heads were like 1 rectangle plus a few triangles... really low-res polygons.

If it was completely remade in a new engine, it would be awesome and worth a re-purchase.

I have played the android version on the shieldTV, so I think it should be pretty much the same (albeit probably somewhat slower)

1) VP hack alert-
"One of the most rewarding aspects of our work at Aspyr is bringing amazing experiences for iconic, global IP to more platforms and audiences," said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. "Delivering classic Star Wars games to modern consoles, with the experience maximized to take advantage of the latest controls and features, is a responsibility we take very seriously. We can't wait to see fans reactions."

gonna go throw up now

2) arent these games completely non-Disney cannon now? I surprised they let this happen. it must have been dirt cheap to get the license or whatever and they are porting this with as little investment as possible.

Would love to see Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy re-skinned with HD textures, more character/world wireframe geometry, updated lighting and shadows, and faster combat movement animations for PC.

Hmmm, even if they were recreated with the engine used for Force Unleashed 1 and 2 it would still be a massive improvement to these fantastic games.

Back