Jean-Michel Jarre and Edward Snowden Present “Exit”

22 seconds in the wife screams at to turn that crap off.

Been a fan of Jarre since high school.....that's like 182 years in dog years =P

It's good to see Jarre making music again. That style of electronica was sort of exhausted in the early to mid 1990's, in the UK. It's kind of sad to see Jarre on the trailing edge, rather than the leading edge, to quote a micro electronics metaphor.

I liked Snowden's analogy; US constitution / bill of rights.

Snowden piece was a little too lax, not curated enough, unprepared. Music was good, I'm a fan from the 1990's, but this piece was not stunning, could have been better.

We did have Enigma (Michael Cretu) though during that time....

....hopefully he's not in jail....

Totally. I have Deep Forest's first three albums and Enigma's first 4 albums.

Big gaps in the discography ( I have not heard anything from the last three albums ). Wikipedia says, "In 2015, Cretu announced on Enigma's Facebook page that he had begun recording Enigma's eighth studio album."

Enigma (musical project) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cretu was so successful that he doesn't need to make music any more: Enigma (musical project) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He can eat Häagen-Dazs® for the rest of his life.

Totally. I have Deep Forest's first three albums and Enigma's first 4 albums.

Big gaps in the discography ( I have not heard anything from the last three albums ). Wikipedia says, "In 2015, Cretu announced on Enigma's Facebook page that he had begun recording Enigma's eighth studio album."

Strangely the 1st Deep Forest album is damn near impossible to find anymore (outside of used). It's not sold digitally, though their other albums are. Excellent album if you can accept the vocals. Sweet Lullaby isn't even my favorite off of there.

A posteriori and Seven Lives Many Faces are ok, as a long time fan I listen to them occasionally, but I don't find them to be as satisfying as the first 4.

Cretu was at the center of Ibiza political fight and his mega mansion was leveled and they are trying to sentence to him to jail.
18 Million Euro House by Enigma's Michael Cretu Torn Down by Bulldozers
Case Against Michael Cretu - New Age Music Guide

Bizarre. So he started building without a permit and it sounds like he built outside his boundary allotment? LOL typical artist - painting outside the lines. It seems like such a waste 9 years, materials, money, labour... lawyer's fees.

CDs started going out of print much quicker in the 90's than the 80's and 2000+ was even worse. I knew there was a problem when I tried to buy Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells 2 in the late 90's, in Canada. HMV said that the album was out of print in Canada. I had to import it from the UK, via amazon.co.uk.

I think I spent $50 for the Cliff Martinez Solaris Soundtrack and $50 for a Ladytron CD single. Solaris (2002) bombing as a Steven Soderbergh movie had direct impact on the CD sales.

Somebody uploaded the entire Tubular Bells 2 album recently ( LOL ):

Back