JBS cyberattack forces shutdown of all company's USA beef plants

But you don’t currently know. I’m not sure that’s a skill I want to learn when that’s the difference between eating animal based protein and not. To that point though I seriously doubt you have much to worry about. I don’t think this will cause a national beef shortage.

If it’s not worth the effort you wouldn’t that’s fine too. More for me 😉 I’m not worried cause I got hella brisket and tri tip in the freezer along with pheasant, deer, and I think some duck.

edit: although the amount of money spent getting wild game would have bought me waaaay more food than I’ve actually got.

Agreed. I thought we were talking about a hypothetical scenario with a real long term shortage.

Honestly? I don't want to waste more than a half an hour a day on food. I have too much other shit going on to worry about raising/hunting, slaughtering and butchering protein sources. I already spend more time than than I really want to on food when I can just pick it up and the store and cook it.

Food is just the fuel for my body. I want to get the entirety of it over with in the same time it takes to refuel my car at a gas station, so I can move on and do more interesting things with my time.

Last edited:
But you don’t currently know. I’m not sure that’s a skill I want to learn when that’s the difference between eating animal based protein and not. To that point though I seriously doubt you have much to worry about. I don’t think this will cause a national beef shortage.

If it’s not worth the effort you wouldn’t that’s fine too. More for me 😉 I’m not worried cause I got hella brisket and tri tip in the freezer along with pheasant, deer, and I think some duck.

edit: although the amount of money spent getting wild game would have bought me waaaay more food than I’ve actually got.
To that point, we got local butchers round here, and cattle a'plenty, though the farm land is dwendling.

If it’s not worth the effort you wouldn’t that’s fine too.

Cooking and breaking down carcasses should be taught in schools, starting in the 8th grade. Because if push does come to shove, Zarathustra[H]'s going to get way desperate and buy two whole beef shanks, rub them with carne asada mix, and burn them to a crisp.

And that's just a waste.

But it'll smell fantastic.

Very few companies look at IT as an asset...
It's not, most companies generate revenue by producing things. IT is a cost, not a revenue generator. Unfortunately neglecting the cost of good IT nowadays is like putting used fryer oil in your brand new Corvette and then taking it to the track.

Soylent Green is people. So save the planet, eat a vegan! By eating up all the plants, they're starving the Earth of precious oxygen, thus harming the atmosphere.
I know it isn't 2022 quite yet, but there is no reason you can't get started early.

616kV3RKQpL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh, you thought I was kidding?
The dark cyberpunk future waits for no one. :borg:
Soylent is named after a food in Harry Harrison's 1966 science fiction novel Make Room! Make Room![8][9] In the novel, most types of soylent are made from soy and lentils, hence the name of the product, a combination of "soy" and "lent". The word also evokes the 1973 film adaptation Soylent Green, in which the eponymous food is made from human remains.[5] Rhinehart also says he chose the name, with its morbid associations, to pique curiosity and deeper investigation, since the name was clearly not chosen with a traditionally "flashy" marketing scheme in mind.[10]

EDIT:
Since our current cyberpunk future is made up of soy boys and gals, I thought this was a bit more appropriate. :D

Tease_Email_Creative_grande.gif
(click to play gif)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like to eat things that only eat plants... Vegans have voluntarily moved themsleves down the food chain in my opinion...
Soylent Red is made of people who were carnivors.
Soylent Blue is made of people who were omnivors.
Soylent Green is made of vegans. :D

It's not, most companies generate revenue by producing things. IT is a cost, not a revenue generator. Unfortunately neglecting the cost of good IT nowadays is like putting used fryer oil in your brand new Corvette and then taking it to the track.
IT may not generate revenue, but good IT will definitely help protect it!

Buddy I game with is a butcher and he was already angry that his wholesale costs for buying beef are now at the prices he was retailing it for this time last year. Grocery stores seeing these increases are tanking the costs and basically selling things at cost and making up the difference elsewhere trying to ride this out. He's likely going to be a bit of an angry player for the next few weeks till this latest hurdle gets sorted.

Kills more than covid every year, yet nobody mentions it.
That's because the sugar industry has lobbied hard ($$$$$) to make sure that there are no rules against sugar products whether it's a soda tax (which I don't agree with either, because I have some level of self control when it comes to soda) to labeling of sugar on packages, took forever and a day to get "added sugar" put on a nutritional label.

Sugary drinks and fast food are the cause of obesity.
Correction, sugar jammed into everything we eat is the cause of obesity. It seriously is like trying to find something not made in China, finding something that doesn't add sugar to it.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
I like to eat things that only eat plants... Vegans have voluntarily moved themsleves down the food chain in my opinion...
Yeah if you can stomach eating liver, having an animal with 4 stomachs process the veggie for you is a far better way to get those nutrients.

Ridiculous conspiracy theory. And I am sure the election was stolen from Trump too... :rolleyes:
Let's not have that discussion. It was good up until your comment. It was just a coincidence I pointed out and didn't realize this was in the wrong forum.

Cooking and breaking down carcasses should be taught in schools, starting in the 8th grade. Because if push does come to shove, Zarathustra[H]'s going to get way desperate and buy two whole beef shanks, rub them with carne asada mix, and burn them to a crisp.

And that's just a waste.

But it'll smell fantastic.
Not going to happen. Schools are teaching kids to be more dependent and not to be independent.

If wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak.

Back