JBL 530 Speakers - $299

If you would like something smaller that still sounds great for a desk, I've been blown away with the little JBL 104's. I got these to replace my dead Swan M200MKIII's which were much larger, more powerful monitors and these while aren't those.. they're still great and I got a lot of desktop space back.

Zeos had some glowing things to say about them too.

https://www.jbl.com/studio-monitors/J104SET-US.html

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That is strange that they are bi-amp, seems a bit superfluous.

I figure it would produce less strain on the individual amps and hopefully distort less at higher volume levels. Plus. If it's there. Why not use it. Cost me a bit of wire.

Meanwhile, I got the sub. It's a nice friggin sub. I forgot the last time I had a sealed sub and I forgot how much better I like them over ported subs.

Except now, I have to have it out in the open. While the old sub was fine being in the corner behind the TV.

I found my older NHT classic 3 center was also a very good tonal match. Any good airy, neutral, center should be ok.

Need to remember these are 86db. That requires monster amp power to get the proper performance out of these unless you are just using them near field.

300+ wpc Crown amps should work well. AVRs will likely sound weak, at least compared to what the speakers are capable of.

Back