Jay and Silent Bob Crowdfunding A Video Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
Jay and Silent Bob are crowdfunding a video game? I don't care if it's a side-scrolling multiplayer brawler game, I'm in. If you donate $10k you can even be in Kevin Smith's next movie.

With the help of Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, and the SmodCo team, we bring you the appropriately named, Jay and Silent Bob: Chronic Blunt Punch. Pushing the boundaries of humor and stories portrayed in games, we are co-designing an experience that weaves together the tone and wittiness of Kevin's movies with fast-paced combat. Kevin and Jason will contribute voiceovers and storyline feedback for continuity and dynamic gameplay.

Fuck yea. This should be good. :) I love their humor.

They are both gamers (Jason Mewes especially) too, so it shouldn't be shit.

I thought KS refused to work with JM until he got his drug issues under control...

I guess Keven has un-retired :)

He came out with Tusk last year. Yoga Hosers (with Depp and Smith's daughters) comes out this year. Then he'll finish it up with Mouse Jaws. He calls it his True North trilogy.

Also Mallrats 2 is confirmed with almost all the cast returning but Matt Damon.

If you want to count it he voiced a Stormtrooper in The Force Awakens.

I don't think he knows what retirement is honestly.

Edit: Forgot he is doing a talk show on AMC later this year I believe.

Last edited:
Jay and Silent Bob? Alert John Oliver, I've found his next subject for "How is this still a thing?"

I thought KS refused to work with JM until he got his drug issues under control...

Unless some new shit has popped up since then, they got that under control a long time ago. Mewes got clean, quit drinking and has his own line of e-liquid now.

I never got these guys at all. Think it's a generational gap thing probably. I do slightly like his comic book show but not even sure if that's still on, It's been a year or so since I saw a handful of episodes.

I was really looking forward to his Tusk movie but god I absolutely f' ' ing hate Justin Long so much so I might sucker punch him given the chance. Not really but .. yeah ,,

But I am happy the fans of these guys are getting new material in the form of a game.

Kevin and Jason will contribute voiceovers and storyline feedback for continuity and dynamic gameplay.

So, Jay and Silent Bob will providing voiceovers... should be a tough day at work for Kevin Smith.

So, Jay and Silent Bob will providing voiceovers... should be a tough day at work for Kevin Smith.
3/4 of the way through the game Kevin Smith will provide a drawn out morality tale before you continue to the next stage.

Comic Book Men is returning this year. Saw an ad for it during TWD

This is almost certainly something I want to buy, but not something I want to spend $20 on. I think I'll wait till the $5 to $7.50 range.

Ahh. I've not watched much lately as it airs, so I just catch things as it wizzes by in FFx3

Back