Java: memory/compiler questions

Lampyridae

n00b
I'm trying to compile something using DrJava, and I get an OutOfMemoryError. Two questions:

1. It takes the compiler a while to think before it comes to this conclusion. Is there a way to interrupt the compiler? The [break] key doesn't have an effect, nor does [esc].

2. How do I increase the memory available to the compiler? I'm on a Win2k platform.

what is your program doing that it's running out of memory...it must be something fairly infinite if it's running out....it takes it a while to think be cause it takes the memory a little while to fill up....what is your program doing???

ngk said:
what is your program doing that it's running out of memory...

It seems to be one of two linked issues. I had a nested if statement that called a switch from the outermost if statement. Once I commented out the if block, the compiler no longer got stuck, but then I could see errors in the switch. So I don't know if it was the error in the switch that made it get stuck, or if it was the fact that there was a capitalization error elsewhere in the nested if. Maybe just too many linked errors?

It compiles fine now, but it would be good to know for future reference.

Back