Japanese Researchers Develop Ultrathin, Highly Elastic Skin Display

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Researchers at the University of Tokyo have developed an electronic skin patch with an integrated LED display that can measure vital signs and take electrocardiograms in real-time. It could prove useful for emergency prevention: readings can be sent to either a cloud or memory device for assessment.

Thanks to advances in semiconductor technology, wearable devices can now monitor health by first measuring vital signs or taking an electrocardiogram, and then transmitting the data wirelessly to a smartphone. The readings or electrocardiogram waveforms can be displayed on the screen in real time, or sent to either the cloud or a memory device where the information is stored.

How disappointing...I was hoping for a chameleon suit :). Hmm...data sent to the cloud...when do they start making condoms from this, so, you know, they can track that you're using 'em right.

That is amazing. I hope when I am really old, I will have an in home small wall lab that will take vitals, blood pressure, temp, blood test, urine test...... that will send the results encrypted to a cloud lab that will be diagnosed by and A.I and then setup a diet plan plus send any drug scripts to my local store for delivery. It could also see what insurance plan I have and setup referrals if needed.

235828537-3.jpg

So, when is my future wife* going to have these?

*Probably not going to happen

235828537-3.jpg

So, when is my future wife* going to have these?

*Probably not going to happen
Patent that crap because it will make you a billionaire..... I live in IL in the middle of corn fields and there are 3 or 4 nail salons for a population of 50k between the 2 towns.....women would go nuts over that stuff.

A mini Lite Brite on a clear band-aid passes for a highly elastic skin display ?

Back