Japan OLED Shows Off Upcoming Monitors

WTB: 8K @ 27" @ 120Hz+ @ 1800R. Times three. (And a GPU or two that can support it)

Any idea when smaller OLED TVs are supposed to be launched, waiting to be able to replace a 42" plasma TV but the very biggest TV that fits in the living room would be ~49" sadly. It sucks that it takes so long time for smaller ones to arrive, it's strictly a space issue for me, would be prepared to pay a nice sum tho even for 46-49" OLED TV so that isn't the issue, at a sitting distance of 1.8 ~ 2.5 m that kind of size is sufficient too.

How many of these will have burned-in video game HUDs, taskbars, and web browsers?

How many of these will have burned-in video game HUDs, taskbars, and web browsers?
All. In before the massive complaining of IR and burn-in. OLED is not the end-all be-all. We need something better.

All. In before the massive complaining of IR and burn-in. OLED is not the end-all be-all. We need something better.

I have played a lot of video games and used my 55" LG E7 OLED as my monitor, no burn in at all or IR, wonder if it has something to do with panel quality.

I have played a lot of video games and used my 55" LG E7 OLED as my monitor, no burn in at all or IR, wonder if it has something to do with panel quality.

LG's TV's are just white OLEDs with filters. That doesn't solve everything, but burn in is less of an issue since you don't have to worry about different colors (particularly blue) wearing out at different rates.

LG's TV's are just white OLEDs with filters. That doesn't solve everything, but burn in is less of an issue since you don't have to worry about different colors (particularly blue) wearing out at different rates.

What I suspected, working quite well for me though. Can't imagine go back to LCD anymore.

Back