January 2012 AMD HardOCP FX GamExperience

I've been asked about food a few times and I wanted to let everyone know.

Eddie Deen's Ranch will be providing us with a nice and easy menu so we can get some grub at the event.
Chopped Beef sandwiches, hot dogs, chips, and soda. $4 Sandwich, $2 Hot dog, $1 bag of chips, and $1 soda.

Some have been asked about food a few times and I wanted to let everyone know.

Eddie Deen's Ranch will be providing us with a nice and easy menu so we can get some grub at the event.
Chopped Beef sandwiches, hot dogs, chips, and soda. $4 Sandwich, $2 Hot dog, $1 bag of chips, and $1 soda.

The food alone would be a reason for me to go, if I didn't have to work... :(

Thanks for the food info., Monte. :cool:

On a related note, hopefully the doors leading to the bathrooms won't be as slam-happy as the ones in Deep Ellum were last July. :D

So any update on tournament sign ups? would really like to get in on that. I list at the tf2 tournament last time and I need to redeem myself.

I've always wanted to go to one of these [H]ard events but they are always so dam far away... :(

I may be a late admission, but im in now.

Wifey says it looks like we can go, so I may be there, were checking ticket prices (plane) now, but I registered to make sure I have a spot! :)

Holy hell, that's an impressive list of prizes.

Kyle,
Do we need the confirmation printed out and ready to go from eventbrite?

Holy Hell is correct! :D

Let me ask Monte what the protocol is. But I am sure we will have a list with your name on it.

If it is my call, I say just make sure you have a shower and wear pants. ;)

On a related note, hopefully the doors leading to the bathrooms won't be as slam-happy as the ones in Deep Ellum were last July. :D

HAHA Well I would like to say No they will be good this time but the place is an old west town and the bathrooms are..... unique ;) Old west all wood type. No out house but cool looking.

Holy hell, that's an impressive list of prizes.

Kyle,
Do we need the confirmation printed out and ready to go from eventbrite?

Nothing needs to be printed. Once you register all you need to do is come and say "Hello my name is ...." and they can look it up. If you say the dot dot dot I will laugh my ass off when my wife tells me later. "It was so weird, everyone kept saying Hello my name is dot dot dot"

It will be funny but she will be pissed when she finds out I told you all to do it ;)

Nothing needs to be printed. Once you register all you need to do is come and say "Hello my name is ...." and they can look it up. If you say the dot dot dot I will laugh my ass off when my wife tells me later. "It was so weird, everyone kept saying Hello my name is dot dot dot"

It will be funny but she will be pissed when she finds out I told you all to do it ;)

Can we out you before then Monte? :p

Also, holy crap that's a lot of prizes!

Awesome, thanks :D

SEDXYYXYXYXYYXYXYXYYXYY!Y!YY!!YY!Y!1111!!1!1!111
drool2.gif

You can also take the light rail to the Convention Station which shouldn't be too far a walk.

Awesome news about prizes (almost seems crazy for such a small event), food, shitters, and parking!

In again from OKC!

-Devo

sad that Asus doesn't give more prizes. They're probably the most profitable company from all that donated. $1500 is a joke

I'm assuming the 300 spots will be clearly marked? I'll try to get there early, otherwise I'll just pay for parking I guess :D

I'm assuming the 300 spots will be clearly marked? I'll try to get there early, otherwise I'll just pay for parking I guess :D

The venue has 400 spots total (more around them but not connected to them). I just emailed the venue to see how they will mark or control this. I will update you ASAP.

Awesome. Cash only or will they take credit/debit cards as well?

sad that Asus doesn't give more prizes. They're probably the most profitable company from all that donated. $1500 is a joke

The final prize list from us was not published. It will be updated today and remember we awarded over $3500 at the last event not including all the swag. ;)

The final prize list from us was not published. It will be updated today and remember we awarded over $3500 at the last event not including all the swag. ;)

that ASUS shirt (red shoulder logo) had a great fit and feels awesome! no cheapy shirts from these guys!

:p:p

Here is the updated Asus Prize List:

Final Prize List –

1 x M5A99X EVO MB - $145
1 x M5A97 MB - $95
2 x F1A75-M Pro MB - $220
2 x EAH6770 DI/1GD5 GPU- $200
2 x VK278Q Monitors- $640 (First Place winner for the OC Challenge, 1 x per OC platform)
2 x VS229H-P Monitors- $320
2 x Sabertooth 990FX MB - $370
1 x FX6100 CPU - $160
1 x Crosshair V Formula MB- $220
1 x HD6950 DCII GPU- $290
2 x RT-N66U DB 450Mbps Routers- $320 (Second Place winner for the OC Challenge, 1 x per OC platform)
2 x USB-N53 WiFi Adapters - $80
2 x Xonar DX 7.1 Audio Cards -$160 (Third Place winner for the OC Challenge, 1 x per OC platform)
1 x ROG Vulcan Headset - $130
2 x BC-12B1ST BD drive - $120
1 x BW12B BD R/W drive - $90

$3560

The venue has 400 spots total (more around them but not connected to them). I just emailed the venue to see how they will mark or control this. I will update you ASAP.

Back