January 2012 AMD HardOCP FX GamExperience

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Registration is now open!

January 21, 2012 - Downtown Dallas

[H]ardOCP invites you to the AMD FX GamExperience in Dallas, Texas at Eddie Deen’s Ranch. This free event is open to all gamers (from starters to pros) and will run from 10am-6pm. Kyle from [H]ardOCP will be the host and I’ll be there representing AMD, the Platinum sponsor of the event. We’ll have tournaments, demo stations, breakout sessions, and a lot of giveaways and surprises.

More details can be found on AMD's Game Blog.

Update - 1/9/2012 - We had capped the GamExperience attendance at 500, and we hit that registration number this weekend. We are working on getting 200 more spots opened up now, so stay tuned as we get the changes made today hopefully.

Here is the sponsor list for the GamExperience so plan on getting some good face-time with many of these companies. Platinum Sponsors: AMD & HardOCP. Gold Sponsors: Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Diamond, Sapphire, Maingear, , Asrock, Corsair, Antec, Patriot, Western Digital, ArcSoft, Magix, Optoma, vReveal.

We have a stage this time round so we will add a lot more "dog & pony" to the show this time. See you there!

Last edited:
I was first to register! i think...

Welcome to Dallas Monte! (don't believe anyone who says you have to become a Cowboys fan now)

If available get Verizon FIOS...best internet available bar none!

I've been in Dallas since I got out of the Army in 2004. Great town. The more north you go the nicer it is. I'm in Carrollton.

Last edited:
Kyle should give out a prize to the first registered. :D I think I beat you to it, fausto412. :p

I wish I had FiOS available? I'm stuck w/ AT&T DSL (not even U-Verse) in FW. :(

Kyle should give out a prize to the first registered. :D I think I beat you to it, fausto412. :p

I wish I had FiOS available? I'm stuck w/ AT&T DSL (not even U-Verse) in FW. :(

FIOS solved all the household internet fighting...i used to get pissed when I lagged because people were on youtube. Now people can watch HD video on multiple machines while my ping is below 50.
Ever since i got FIOS internet I haven't had a single outage in 3 years...just last week I switched to FIOS TV. fuck time warner.

I won't move into a town that doesn't have FIOS.

what time did you register on the printed ticket under order info?

Last edited:
FIOS solved all the household internet fighting...i used to get pissed when I lagged because people were on youtube.
Eever since i got FIOS internet I haven't had a single outage in 3 years...just last week I switched to FIOS TV. fuck time warner.

what time did you register on the printed ticket under order info?
Wow, that's a pretty sweet deal on FiOS speed. At least I don't have familial Internet bandwidth wars to be concerned about. :D

1:51 pm. You?

Wow, that's a pretty sweet deal on FiOS speed. At least I don't have familial Internet bandwidth wars to be concerned about. :D

1:51 pm. You?

1:42 lol:D

it was crazy when i was playing bf2142 and all of a sudddden laaaaaggggg

the link on the front page isn't very obvious, would suggest making the color stand out. :D

registration is done.

wonder if we get HD 7970 for raffle or tf2 tourney, or something. that will be sweeeeeeeeeet!

DONE! Looking forward to it. This time I hope I get a chance to get more hands on with some Eyefinity action. :D

Might fly in from Phoenix... Gonna ask someone there why I cant have lockon ICONs in BF3 on my eyefinity/trifire setup... lol

I'll be there. Gonna ask about bezel compensation on an extended desktop with one Eyefinity group and another monitor.

The last time (July 2011), Bulldozer was the big "tease". What's the big tease for the one next month? :p

I'm coming with my wife, and 4 other people are catching a ride with me from the clan I'm part of.

Was this taken off the front page? Not seeing the sticky anymore. Good thing I already registered :)

Well bought plane tickets and a rental car... gonna spend a week with my pops and come geek in TX. ;)

The event is going to rock. 11 partners on board now with more wanting to get on but I need to make room for them. Much better than the last event. It is going to be a hell of a good time.

The event is going to rock. 11 partners on board now with more wanting to get on but I need to make room for them. Much better than the last event. It is going to be a hell of a good time.

These ranches usually have a ton of space.

They get back to you on the food menu, costs... so people know how much moolah to bring:)

Well bought plane tickets and a rental car... gonna spend a week with my pops and come geek in TX. ;)
Good excuse to visit your father. :cool:
Sounds great and hopefully the weather will hold up! :eek:

Signed up, never been to one of these events before, is it bring your own food or do you just exit the venue and find grub in between frags?

Registered. Will there be tournaments to sign up for like last year?

At least for me, the link for "Downtown Dallas" that Kyle posted is blocked at work. But I Google Mapped it and found it to be:
Eddie Deen Ranch
944 S Lamar St, Dallas, TX 75207
(214) 741-4211 ‎

I'm just posting here to help out others who may not be able to access the link. When I get a chance, I'll look up the DART schedule to see what's the closest train stop to Eddie Deen Ranch.

Edit: For those who plan on taking the DART train, it seems like the best bet, from Union Station, would be to take the Red Line (in the direction of Westmoreland Station) or Blue Line (in the direction of Ledbetter Station) and get off at Convention Center Station. From there, it should be a short walk to Eddie Dean Ranch. :cool:

Last edited:
Early bird registration prize – We are already at over 50% of our allocated registration spots, so don’t wait any longer to register. Gigabyte is giving away an 990FXA-UD7 Motherboard to one lucky attendee. Just register before January 11 – Gigabyte will draw a random name and visit the Gigabyte booth at the FX GamExperience to claim you prize (You must be present at the event to win). This is the first of many prizes that will be given to gamers by all our sponsors and HardOCP.

If you have already regged, you are automatically in.

Last edited:
As long as the boot is not in MY ass, I am all good with it.

The venue looks to be roughly twice the size as the event that occurred in July. Would that be correct?

Nice, a $250 motherboard prize. :cool:

Congrats on being the platinum sponsor, Kyle! (I just saw your updated post #1.)

Cant wait. Missed the last event but took a lot of pictures and had a lot of fun at the Eyefinity event in 2009.

Back