Jailbreaking does any noone else do it anymore

Never done it as never needed to. Also all my online banking services refuse to let jailbroken devices log in to them regardless if it is through the official app or the web browser.

I used to. I would again if they ever figured out how to do an untethered jailbreak. All the jail break developers seem to be content with tethered now.

I'm a big Google Pixel guy, but these JB tweaks make it tempting to switch;

https://sparkdev.me/tweaks

-AoD ( Always on Display ) added to the iPhone, and a bunch of other useful features and big customization

I used to do it in the Cyanogen mod days.... Now I own an LG V20, and have considered it, then think, nahhh its not really worth it.

Only way to get host file based ad blocking is with root

That's why I miss it. No worthwhile root method for the S8 and I assume it's the same for my current Note 10+

just did it on my 13.3 iphone 11

then undid it 5 minutes later as certain apps wont run/ban your account on JB devices

I used to be big into that in my early Android days but ever since the OnePlus 5 through OnePlus 7, i've never felt the need. Stock these phones do everything I want them to and VERY smoothly.

they say if you escape the walled garden there is just another smaller walled garden.

Apple has incorporated most of the features I wanted from the jailbreaks. So effort to benefit isn't worth it anymore. More of a hassle now.

are there any easy jailbroken or rooted phones Pixel xl, oneplus?

Rooted phones are Android. Jailbreak is iPhone.

Yes the Google Pixel phones can easily be rooted.

iPhone's can be, but needs to be on specific firmware. JB iPhone's are the way to go, over the locked down, walled garden same old decade outdated OS Apple forces on you.

Jail breaking has been pretty meh for years now. There hasn’t been an unteathered jailbreak since like the iPhone 4. I’m not about to go through the hassle of rejailbreaking every time I reboot. Screw that.

Not worth it anymore. IOS has most everything you need.

I wouldn’t go that far. If these was an unteathered jailbreak I’d jump on it in a heartbeat.
- Always on lock screen like Galaxy phones.
- Apps that stop Apple Music from auto playing the first alphabetical track in your library when you connect to Bluetooth.
- Rearrange icons on the home screen with the ability to have blank space.
- On screen widgets. IOS 14 has them but Apple locked them down to informational only. So if you were expecting being able to switch songs or pause playback on a Spotify widget, it’s not going to happen.
- Setting Google services as the default. Again iOS 14 says you will be able to change the mail and browser but I still want music and maps to be switchable.

I wouldn’t go that far. If these was an unteathered jailbreak I’d jump on it in a heartbeat.
My first major iOS device was an iPad 2. This was back in 2011. At that time it was possible to do untethered jailbreaks all the way through iOS7. Even at that time I considered it to be too much of a hassle because basically you have to manage the device all the time.

It goes something like this: Apple releases a new OS update. Go to the community to see if jailbreak is supported - most of the time it isn't. Then when it is, you update and then have to update/redo everything you did in your JB.
So either you have a phone that isn't secure with unsigned software from dubious developers - because updating your phone is a massive hassle - all just to run a few pieces of software of negligible benefit.
Or you eventually become like me and the rest of the JB community where frankly all the management isn't worth it and you run stock iOS.

We can debate whether or not iOS has everything you "need" or not if you'd like (because really we're just discussing "wants" as for sure iOS does everything that is necessary for a portable device, even if in a way you don't like). The only thing I'll say in regards to that is that for most iOS does everything well enough to not want a constant headache to manage.

I did it years ago, no need anymore. I’d also rather have the security and updates.

I also stopped rooting android years ago. Benefits just aren’t there.

Iwould say it is still there for Android for the simple reason of removing the 50+ pre-installed apps that you can not remove on most Android phones outside of the Pixel. Samsung S4 when I had it had 72 preinstalled apps you could not remove.. S8 has many similar apps, that alone gave me 3-4 days of battery vs the 1 day with all their pre-installed BS.

Back