Jailbreakeme up And running!

Harkov

n00b
Posting this from a jailbroken ipad 2! It took all of 20s once you go to the website. Finally!!

Posting this from a jailbroken ipad 2! It took all of 20s once you go to the website. Finally!!

Please, expand on this. Does it have to have 3G? Or, will it work with the WiFi only model?

Fully untethered, JB, right? (not that I've rebooted my iPad2 more than 2-3 times since I got it several months ago, but...)

only compatible with the following for now:

iPad1: 4.3 through 4.3.3
iPad2: 4.3.3
iPhone3GS: 4.3 through 4.3.3
iPhone4: 4.3 through 4.3.3
iPhone4-CDMA: 4.2.6 through 4.2.8
iPod touch 3g: 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
iPod touch 4g: 4.3 through 4.3.3

one of the many related articles...

Also, if it won't load for you or is going super slow for whatever reason, just be patient. The JailbreakMe.com servers are probably holding a high load due to the amount of users trying to access the site at the same time.

For those of you who are updating, it is highly recommended by the devs to use Tiny Umbrella to save your SHSH blob for iOS 4.3.3.

Also after utilizing JailbreakMe.com to jailbreak your compatible iDevice, please go to Cydia and install PDF Patcher 2 to secure the vulnerability used to jailbreak the device. This will prevent someone from exploiting the same vulnerability with a malicious intent. (Recommended by the iPhone Dev Team)

Last edited:
Please, expand on this. Does it have to have 3G? Or, will it work with the WiFi only model?

just jailbroke my 32gb wifi model.

I'm having issues though with a lot of timeouts and 403 forbidden errors when I started installing packages through cydia... is this due to the iPad2 exploit only just comming out and certain repositories are broken, or it it simply that there are so many iPad2 users installing right now that the servers are full?

yeah, installous is dead in the water. servers just cant handle the traffic. wait and it'll be up in a few days. lol.

Works great. Just did a friends iPhone 4. It's like installing an app, took about 10 sec lol.

yeah, installous is dead in the water. servers just cant handle the traffic. wait and it'll be up in a few days. lol.

Well, all I desperately wanted was Frash, and I got that (after about 5 tries) so I'm good to wait a while now ^__^

I think you are going to have a disappointing experience with Frash, it doesn't work well by all accounts and the dev killed it like a year ago.

I think you are going to have a disappointing experience with Frash, it doesn't work well by all accounts and the dev killed it like a year ago.

Eh, the main site I've used it with is Veoh, where it works. The only reason I want it is the flash-video container. Very few sites offer alternatives. 99% of the time I pre-download all my video at home, but after I spent around 2 hours one day looking for 1 video and all I could find was flash (ended up watching it on my EVO) I figure it's worth it for that rare occasion - I'll keep it disabled most of the time.

Back