J.J. Abrams: Gay Characters Coming To Star Wars

The Force is actually based on Islam. It is Space Islam if you will.
Yet a real Muslim is never going to be featured as a Jedi. And you know how religion feels about gay people. So let all the irony pile on now! ;p

The Force, and Jedi themselves, are based on several things. The Force more closely resembles the ideas of chakra, chi, and ki in Eastern philosophy than it does the Muslim faith. The primary influence for Jedi seems to be a combination of Japanese samurai and Hindu monks. Along with whatever else inspired Lucas at the time.

You'll never see a Muslim Jedi because that is a human, Earth, religion. For the most part, traditional religions don't really exist in Star Wars. The EU introduced some races that had Gods and more traditional religions, but they were not carbon copies of our religions and the majority of the galaxy does not seem to hold any religions beliefs. Jedi are the closet thing to an established religion in the Star Wars.

Thank you. I'm with you on this one, I am regularly amazed by the mental gymnastics people will go through to not see how their stance, applied to any other topic/idea/person/group etc, would be completely ridiculous. Like you said, if you follow through with that line of thinking to any number of other ideas, it becomes pretty dubious, at best. Pretty much a textbook example of reductio ad absurdum IMO. Although to be fair, i think your first example with race is better than sexist one, but it still largely applies to it as well.

yeah, I was trying to quickly think of a second example and that was the best I could do off the top of my head in a few seconds.

Question: Isn't the act of two males kissing considered repulsive by people that are not homosexual?

As to the argument of something that runs counter to the propagation of a species; do you only have sex when it comes time to make children?

That whole thing of species propagation says that either people are intending to make babies everyday, or most couples have very little sex.

If you question if couples have very little sex you obliviously don't know many married couples ;)

That's hardly a good example. Animals do all kind of crazy shit that would be extremely harmful for humans. Heck, they have no problems fucking their siblings and that's not very good excuse for humans to do so too.
You're meaning to say that there is no inbreeding among humans? Of course there is. But that's more of a choice than sexual orientation, which I'm still not convinced if it's nature or nurture or both. But it's certainly not a choice you can make at will. You can choose not to fuck your siblings, but you can't choose which way you're leaning.

Dead god why can't this Facebook quote shit die? animals have sex for reproduction. Humans use it for recreation and affection. These are not the same thing. Stop saying that, it simply isn't true.
I'd rather believe the word of evolutionary biologists than yours.

That said I'm not saying it's a good thing to force a gay character into every movie. We already must endure a representative of each minority in every movie just not to upset SJWs.

It's stupid. If it fits the story sure, but forcing it because of equal representation. Just no.

yeah, I was trying to quickly think of a second example and that was the best I could do off the top of my head in a few seconds.

If you question if couples have very little sex you obliviously don't know many married couples ;)

Oh, I do know. Married, kids and an OTR truck driver. Before going on the road, knew how to make time for lovin.

I didn't read the entire thread but I can for sure say there are people who hate to see Gay/Lesbian advertised as a feature. Even those communities don't like it. Honestly a small subset of people will be offended by the fact that will now be an openly gay person in the movie, but advertising it as a thing is what gets a response.

"New Star Wars, now with MORE LGBT!" - Maybe not said in that way but viewed by those communities will see that as offensive.

With that said, fuck-if-I-care, I love the SW's universe and usually ignore headlines like these.

Not really. Even the guy that said he finds it disgusting, doesn't actually seem to hate gays. He just finds it disgusting. Didn't read it, but it seems to be the same principle of "acting mean towards a girl, because you like her" but the problem with that is.... you might just outright hate the girl with no hidden meaning.

uXXeo3h.gif

J44WGT7.gif

Fjgf9lP.gif

I think it was given when he said he could keep his jacket, I mean that's essentially giving him a promise ring.

Is anyone still wondering why Captain Phasma just gave up the whole planet in the last movie? I mean, who knows how many Bothans died to get the plans for the Second Death Star, but this uber-soldier surrenders her installation just like that? Disney, please!

Homophobia is being afraid your gonna catch "the gay" or that a couple gay dudes you walk in on in the bathroom are gonna rip your clothes off and put you on the spit roaster.

Not wanting to see dudes tongueing each other is not homophobia. It is naturally repulsive.

Also, it is ok to like watching chicks do it.

I'm surprised at the intolerance and lack of nuance in this thread.

Homo-libs as always, only like the theories that support their personal views.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
I doubt these guys are afraid they'll catch the gay, or that they'll be raped by the gays. I mean, it isn't a virus or anything, and most of these guys got tons of guns!

I thoroughly enjoy the myopic comparison of homosexuality to beastiality, necrophilia, and pedophilia. Said comparisons don't pass even the most pedestrian evaluation as there is this tiny thing called .... Consent.

Last edited:
Not wanting to see dudes tongueing each other is not homophobia. It is naturally repulsive.

Also, it is ok to like watching chicks do it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh Jesus H Christ that made me laugh. Oh damn, that was good.

Wait, you aren't joking?

Prolly not.It's repulsive to him or it isn't. I find man on man nasty disgusting, but have no issue at all seeing girl on girl. I don't know why that is, but it is. It is certainly a double standard, but whatever. I know what I do and don't like to see, and just like with the gay folks, what I like is not by choice. It just is.

I thoroughly enjoy the myopic comparison of homosexuality to beastiality, necrophilia, and pedophilia. Said comparisons don't pass even the most pedestrian evaluation as there is this tiny thing called .... Consent.

Consent. A concept poorly understood by those who never felt anyone else was entitled to anything but what they want them to have.

Prolly not. I find man on man repulsive, but have no issue at all seeing girl on girl. I don't know why that is, but it is. It is certainly a double standard, but whatever. I know what I do and don't like to see, and just like with the gay folks, what I like is not by choice. It just is.

I think TOO many people think that this is a BAD thing. Its fine to be repulsed by something that other people aren't. its called being an individual. So long as you understand "This thing repulses me, I don't know why, I'll do my best to stay logical about the whole thing and not make any unfair decisions". Much like seeing two elderly 100-year olds sloppily making out would probably gross me the f*** out: just because it grosses me out does not mean I have a right to ask them to stop, or demand that no movies allow depictions of it, or say it is unnatural and hold up signposts to make it stop, or spend billions of dollars to enforce legislation to make it completely illegal.

There is a HUGE difference between 'tolerance' and 'acceptance', and you can't ask anyone to accept, but society requires people to tolerate. Tolerate the differences you can't accept.

Why do we have to have to know which people screw each other in a science fiction movie? We don't have sex in cowboy movies. We don't have sex in war movies. We don't need it in star wars either. I have nothing against homosexuality myself, I'm as perverted as anybody else is sexually. But I don't see the need to make it emphatic that a character is gay to the point where every single viewer can say, 'Oh yeah, the lieutenant, the gay one, who got killed by the captain who likes to have sex with chickens and the sergeant that masturbates robots'. Why does the plot need to identify every character's sexuality? Why does that have to be part of every god damn story today? It's getting to the point where every production has to have at least one black, one asian, one native american, one eskimo, one female gay, one male gay, one transsexual (and one MTF as well as one FTM, of course), crap every single cultural and/or minority group has to be represented in everything? No wonder the media sucks so much.

Watching two guys kissing is naturally repulsive.
It's not that it's repulsive. It's, why do we have to insert this into the movie? What's it got to do with the plot? We know that characters feel sexual desire for other ones, that's how normal people feel. Why do we have to make it overt if it has nothing to do with the subject? If you want a romantic movie, fine, make one and have the characters kiss and screw and walk around hand in hand with dreamy eyes for each other. If you have a movie about intergalactic war, what's straight OR gay sexuality got to do with it? Are our soldiers in Afganistan constantly kissing and screwing each other every free moment?

Last edited:
Is anyone still wondering why Captain Phasma just gave up the whole planet in the last movie? I mean, who knows how many Bothans died to get the plans for the Second Death Star, but this uber-soldier surrenders her installation just like that? Disney, please!

That was my biggest issue with that film. She's a fanatical captain and just gave up their entire base so easily. Was hoping she'd make for a bigger presence than what they used her for. I don't know how they can even make her seem formidable in the next movie with what they've already done to her.

I still think she should've went hand to hand with Chewbacca and held her own, that would've built up her character nicely.

That was my biggest issue with that film. She's a fanatical captain and just gave up their entire base so easily. Was hoping she'd make for a bigger presence than what they used her for. I don't know how they can even make her seem formidable in the next movie with what they've already done to her.

I still think she should've went hand to hand with Chewbacca and held her own, that would've built up her character nicely.

She is the new Boba Fett: Some faceless badass who never really does anything badass...

Why do we have to have to know which people screw each other in a science fiction movie? We don't have sex in cowboy movies. We don't have sex in war movies. We don't need it in star wars either. I have nothing against homosexuality myself, I'm as perverted as anybody else is sexually. But I don't see the need to make it emphatic that a character is gay to the point where every single viewer can say, 'Oh yeah, the lieutenant, the gay one, who got killed by the captain who likes to have sex with chickens and the sergeant that masturbates robots'. Why does the plot need to identify every character's sexuality? Why does that have to be part of every god damn story today? It's getting to the point where every production has to have at least one black, one asian, one native american, one eskimo, one female gay, one male gay, one transsexual (and one MTF as well as one FTM, of course), crap every single cultural and/or minority group has to be represented in everything? No wonder the media sucks so much.

I agree... to an extent: A love story is always fun to watch, and love takes at least two. But take for instance, if we get introduced to a woman and her wife, no real 'sex' on screen. So long as they don't oversell it JUST to be PC, and the couple actually are significant to the story beyond "The gay ones" you know? I would imagine a gay person just for the sake of gay is MORE harmful to the public perception of sexuality than no gay person.

Agreed completely. Instead of making her an interesting character and living up to the HUGE hype Disney built up about her, Abrams turned her into a joke. With what she was given I still think Christie did a good job at acting the part. Despite never seeing her face I could tell her emotions and reactions to things. It's a just a pity that talent was never put to good use.

I don't really care about star wars; I'm still mad that I got dragged into that movie and it had the worst acting I've ever seen outside of Manos: the hands of fate.

Critics loved Star Wars and thought it had great acting.

It's like i'm in this weird dimension where terrible acting is the height of a good movie.

You're meaning to say that there is no inbreeding among humans? Of course there is. But that's more of a choice than sexual orientation, which I'm still not convinced if it's nature or nurture or both. But it's certainly not a choice you can make at will. You can choose not to fuck your siblings, but you can't choose which way you're leaning.

I'd rather believe the word of evolutionary biologists than yours.

That said I'm not saying it's a good thing to force a gay character into every movie. We already must endure a representative of each minority in every movie just not to upset SJWs.

It's stupid. If it fits the story sure, but forcing it because of equal representation. Just no.

There's no his word or her word, there are facts and logical reasoning, Facebook posts need not apply.

There's no his word or her word, there are facts and logical reasoning, Facebook posts need not apply.

Facts come from various branches of science based on research and repeated verification of the information provided.

I think TOO many people think that this is a BAD thing. Its fine to be repulsed by something that other people aren't. its called being an individual. So long as you understand "This thing repulses me, I don't know why, I'll do my best to stay logical about the whole thing and not make any unfair decisions". Much like seeing two elderly 100-year olds sloppily making out would probably gross me the f*** out: just because it grosses me out does not mean I have a right to ask them to stop, or demand that no movies allow depictions of it, or say it is unnatural and hold up signposts to make it stop, or spend billions of dollars to enforce legislation to make it completely illegal.

There is a HUGE difference between 'tolerance' and 'acceptance', and you can't ask anyone to accept, but society requires people to tolerate. Tolerate the differences you can't accept.

I am not going to demand no movies have depictions of it, but it is going to factor into whether or not I go see it or not. I am perfectly fine with people saying what they want, and holding up signs too, as long as they obey the anti discrimination laws, and laws against slander/defamation. Public protest is generally protected under the 1A. You are free to protest the anti gay protesters and ridicule them to your hearts content as well. I know I do.

I am not going to demand no movies have depictions of it, but it is going to factor into whether or not I go see it or not. I am perfectly fine with people saying what they want, and holding up signs too, as long as they obey the anti discrimination laws, and laws against slander/defamation. Public protest is generally protected under the 1A. You are free to protest the anti gay protesters and ridicule them to your hearts content as well. I know I do.

I think everything I depicted in my hypothetical scenario is LEGAL. Protest is one of those things that is protected, as you say; you can protest a burrito if you want, so long as it is peaceful. It doesn't make the act of protesting and picketing a homosexual marriage or funeral any less of a bigoted, hateful act. it's still legal, though.

Reactions: rat
like this
I don't consider myself homophobic but whenever I do see a movie or TV show showing guys doing gay things to other guys I never watch that movie or show again. It just destroys any interest I have in that show.

I don't even think I am old fashioned, I just have no interest in it and I don't want to be subjected to it. Because of this whenever I see it I blacklist those things, places, or whatever.

It's not just you. I started watching Mr Robot and the minute that graphic gay scene came on I stopped and never watched it again.

full man-on-man action like in Brokeback Mountain I think would do Star Wars well... maybe between human and machine, like in Her...

Who cares? But I guess in the current year not caring about a character's sexual orientation makes you a homophobe... or something.

full man-on-man action like in Brokeback Mountain I think would do Star Wars well... maybe between human and machine, like in Her...

If Star Wars is going to have man-on-man action, one of those participants better damn well be one of those green pig men from tatooine.

Of course! Now that Dizney has control of the Star Wars universe they will do what they always do with their agenda. Shove it up people assess.

Seems like the gut wrenching "romantic" scenes with Anakin and Padme should have taught them to steer away.

Back