I've noticed a lot of threads about old games lately...

twyztyr

Gawd
...and I think it's awesome!!

Everyone post what kind of old crap you've got laying around, just for fun.

I got an SNES with Killer Instinct, MK2, UMK3, Super Street Fighter 2, Rock N Roll Racing, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger (BEST GAME EVER!!!), Secret of Evermore, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy 2, NBA Jam, and Super Mario All-Stars.

Somewhere I have an NES that I took apart, and I don't remember why. I might end up buying another one sometime soon.

What about you guys?

I got a SNES with supermario, all stars, probotector, secret of mana (omg good), super mario kart and Zombies Ate my Neighbors.

Also have a Genesis(megadrive) with Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Pinball(ghey) and probotector + a few Tyrian style games.

Master system with Alex Kid in Wonderland, Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, Alex Kid in Shinobi World, Ganster Town and Wonder Boy (everyone remember the music?)

Under my TV I have a Dreamcast, still play Crazy Taxi about once every week or so. Also have a Genesis under there, but it isn't hooked up, but I know X-Men is in the slot, maybe I'll have to fire that up this weekend!

On the same kind of idea, old games: Just yesterday I logged onto a mud I used to play a lot, I still log on once in a while to make sure the character isn't deleted. I have been playing this mud on and off for 10 or more years. Wow.

I've got an NES that I need to fix. It won't read any of the games right. I gotta try to clean the contacts. When I do get it working, I got Dragon Warrior 1-4, Final Fantasy, Dodgeball (awesome game), all the Mario games, Exitebike, PunchOut, Zelda 1&2, OMG soooo many great games, I've got 30 or so NES games.

I also have an SNES with 20-30 games. Super Punchout, Chronno Trigger (need to play this again), Mario Allstars, Super Metroid, Zelda, Final Fantasy 2&3, Tons of awesome games.

Also want to break out my N64 for Mario 64, and Wave Race. OMG those rock

When I get home, maybe I'll take a pic of all my games. I have like 3 NES, 1 SNES, 2 Dreamcast, 1 N64, 1 PS1, 1 GBA SP, 1 xbox, 1 PS2 and a couple of other older systems that are put away like a broken Saturn and a 7200. My wife has relegated my games to the linen closet because they were taking up to much damn space. I also have about a 3 foot pile of of cd cases full of pc games sitting on my desk. I haven't counted my games, but it's a nice little collection of goods I hope to give my kids to give to my grandkids at some point so they can marvel at the one button joystick that brought me so much joy as a child.

Secret of Mana kicks so much ass. I have been trying to buy it for a while, but good luck finding it for less than 35 bucks. And I just cant bring myself to pay 35 bucks for any SNES game. Hell, and SNES CONSOLE goes for 15 or so now adays, right?? But the game was great.

I playes Tales of Symphonia for GameCube recently, and although Its not *quite* as good as Mana, it was very very good, and did bring back memories of sitting there for hours. Great RPGs will do that for you.

Secret of Mana was an awesome game.

I wish the Dragon Warrior games for the SNES and N64 would have made their way to the US :(

i have an xbox with every snes and sega game up to 32x ever made.

chrono trigger is fun ^_^

i've got a switch box with a nes, snes, and a sega hooked up to it. mmm mm old schoo gaming fun. i've got a intelivision in a box in storage, and that was the first console.

as for snes games..well. i have a box of them.. chrono trigger, secret of mana, mario, donkey kong, kI, mario kart(mmmm), zelda, god. so many.

theres way too many cool new games for me to get it up for old games anymore :p

I am putting emulators and roms(from the games I own), on my HTPC so I can play them on my 42" HDTV Plasma

I plugged in my C64 and played Mission Impossible the other day (On floppy 5 1/4 in. :)..

"Stay awhile.... Stay FFFOOORRREEEVVVEEERRR!!!!!!"

LOL

I had a snes that my ex bought me last year on my birthday. Dumped her so I sold it.

But I still have my favorite old school games on my Xbox

Namco Arcade Classics Xbox

Pacman
Ms.Pacman
Galaga
Pole Position
Dig Dug

Midway Arcade Treasures Xbox

Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Gauntlet 2
Rampage World Tour
Pit Fighter
Primal Rage
Championship Sprint

I feel like the richest man in the world sometimes. I remember how much money I used to pump into these machines when I was young. Now I play limitless after buying a 20.00 game for my Xbox.

Heh, though I love my XBOX, PS2, and GameCube, I still find myself playing Tetris 2 on the SNES every few days. Plus Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast is still one of my favorite games. :D

Recently I found a copy of Doom for the SNES at my local EB. Even though it wasn't the best version ever made, I spent several hours playing it. Truely classic!

twyztyr said:
...and I think it's awesome!!

Everyone post what kind of old crap you've got laying around, just for fun.

I got an SNES with Killer Instinct, MK2, UMK3, Super Street Fighter 2, Rock N Roll Racing, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger (BEST GAME EVER!!!), Secret of Evermore, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy 2, NBA Jam, and Super Mario All-Stars.

Somewhere I have an NES that I took apart, and I don't remember why. I might end up buying another one sometime soon.

What about you guys?
We own NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSX, PS2, DC... But it's a pain keeping all those systems setup so I just use emulators on PC for all except PS2 - it's WONDERFUL being able to just select a game and run it without having to get out and put in the CD/cartridge etc, just have fun playing instead of trying to keep track of hundreds of CDs, carts etc. Can't wait until they finish a good PS2 emulator so I can put my PS2 games in storage too.

Best game ever I have to say either NHL on Sega or Doom II on PC, followed closely by Tekken series. Other older games that were great were Karate Champ, Discs Of Tron (booth), Robotron, Mr. Do, Stargate, and Street Fighter II. Oh, and the original Star Wars vector base arcade game in the sit down booth.

Back