I've heard the GTX 480 overclocks very well, but can any users here tell me how well?

Vithar

Limp Gawd
I have a GTX 480 and I will be getting a Zalman VF3000F for it soon so I can overclock it to its peak. For those of you who have already got your cards overclocked generally what was you max overclock. I wanna hit 1000 mhz core but I'm not sure that will be possible.

I have a GTX 480 and I will be getting a Zalman VF3000F for it soon so I can overclock it to its peak. For those of you who have already got your cards overclocked generally what was you max overclock. I wanna hit 1000 mhz core but I'm not sure that will be possible.

How much did you pay for that heatsink and where did you get it? I'm thinking of switching to a custom air heatsink but not sure if its worth it. I know it can hit 900 easily on water, not sure what it can do with the Zalman. You'll have to experiment.

I got my clocks below on 1.075v. I know I could go higher, but 800 is fine.

This is using the stock heatsink too.

How much did you pay for that heatsink and where did you get it? I'm thinking of switching to a custom air heatsink but not sure if its worth it. I know it can hit 900 easily on water, not sure what it can do with the Zalman. You'll have to experiment.

Getting it from newegg. its about $70 but well worth it from what I read. I know I can hit mid 800s on the stock heatsink, I'm just trying to get a rough idea as to what this card's maximum is.

Getting it from newegg. its about $70 but well worth it from what I read. I know I can hit mid 800s on the stock heatsink, I'm just trying to get a rough idea as to what this card's maximum is.

If you get 850ish, I would call that a good card.

825 on stock coolers... Is getting a third party cooler worth it? How much do you guys think I can pull with a custom heatsink?

When I overclock mine, the Zalman cooler still doesn't do shit. In my FT02 case with the fans on high, I can still top 100°C. Overclocking those cards especially while running in SLI gets very hot.

HMM, why don't you sell the 480 and put the $70 your wasting on a questionable cooler to a new card?

I had my 480 to about 815 from 700 stable on stock air , you may be able to push it a tad harder but wont compare to water , Plus those coolers make it take from 2 slots to three due to the size of those things . Not sure the price of the cooler but hey if its 50 buck say , save your dough sell that 480 for 140-150 and get a 580 for around 200

I dont think 1000mhz will happen unless you have a quote "platinum chip" , not a golden chip

Forget the heatsink. Sell the card and get something better for the money. So much heat... so much power.

Back