I've had it with Windows 10 updates, decided to disable them

ymer

Limp Gawd
This OS thinks it's more important than the user, whenever it self updates it changes the default picture viewer and moves other settings and I have to keep configuring everything back.

Also super annoying that it will decide when and how many working hours I have.

OMG now I'm "vulnerable" to all malware and updates!

Welcome back to windwos heaven. ooh seven.

I gave windows a little over a year until tossing it because its updated decidet to delete software it demede incompatibel without asking or informing.

This OS thinks it's more important than the user, whenever it self updates it changes the default picture viewer and moves other settings and I have to keep configuring everything back.

Most functional adults have a pretty standard sleeping pattern which would be when your inactive hours are. Perhaps you do not fall into this category.

You're always the number one target when you use Windows. One of the reasons why I quit it.

Hmmm... I've been using Windows 10 since pre-release and only ever had it remove a program once.

As for the default programs automatically changing... something is wrong with your computer. I've only ever had it change a default back when updating the program that I have it defaulted to... and then only if the program completely uninstalls the old version before installing the new version. And that makes complete sense why it would change it back.

What is this "working hours" thing you speak of? I have never encountered it.

Maybe you need to wipe your computer and start from scratch. Sounds to me like something is really screwed up.

Hmmm... I've been using Windows 10 since pre-release and only ever had it remove a program once.

As for the default programs automatically changing... something is wrong with your computer. I've only ever had it change a default back when updating the program that I have it defaulted to... and then only if the program completely uninstalls the old version before installing the new version. And that makes complete sense why it would change it back.

What is this "working hours" thing you speak of? I have never encountered it.

Maybe you need to wipe your computer and start from scratch. Sounds to me like something is really screwed up.

Yes, something is wrong with my computer, surely my RAM is faulty and changing default programs.

Yes, something is wrong with my computer, surely my RAM is faulty and changing default programs.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about your windows installation. It’s a lot easier to point your finger at the OS instead of maybe it being user error. But hey, good luck with that.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about your windows installation. It’s a lot easier to point your finger at the OS instead of maybe it being user error. But hey, good luck with that.

Yep.. not sure how it could be taken that I was referring to hardware. Saying to wipe Windows and re-install makes pretty evident that I think there may be something wrong with the OS... which has NOTHING to do with the hardware.

Back