I've got to gloat...lust a little....GTX 680 for $125

DogChainX

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking through my local online classifieds I find listings of GTX 680's, but usually for $500-$650 each...retail prices.

Its typical. People want the most for their used equipment, even if its outrageously priced. Haggling isn't even worth it most of the time. However, on rare moments you find gold.

The seller couldn't get the GTX 680 to work, stating he tried different computer systems with different power supplies. So he was selling it as DEAD.

EVGA accepted it for RMA and the replacement will be here Friday. Its also a GTX 680 SC. Woot. :D

It was a win-win though for both parties. He was only asking for $80. I gave him $125.

GTX 680 SLI, here I come. :D

What a steal. 680 SLI is sweet, running a pair here. Kicks some Titan butt... as long as vsync is on...

I always sell my video cards on Craigslist for "nice guy" prices to fund new purchases. Everyone is happy, you can sell 'em quickly, and it can cut the price of a new video card in half or more.
At 1080p that card should serve you well for a long time...and then you can always turn around and resell it when something better becomes necessary.

GTX 680 SLI will be nice. I'm at 2560x1600, and want to get into Skyrim.

I'd be jealous as hell if I didn't get graphics cards for free and play games on them for a living. :)

How?? He received a new replacement card for $125, thats a $400+ savings!!!

Yup, lucky man. Sometimes you find amazing deals like these on eBay, many people have no idea what they're selling or what their options are.

Wow, what a steal.

Guess I should go and purchase a bunch of "dead" evga gpu's for cheap and RMA them for working ones XD

I know that feeling. About 2 years ago I got a broken 560ti from a friend. I RMA'd it and got back a brand new 570, was super pleased. Good find.

im confused why didnt he rma it himself?

Very good question. From what little was said, his friend gave it to him, he couldn't make it work, sold it to me. He probably didn't inquire with EVGA to see if he could RMA, though I did ask him if he tried a warranty replacement. He just said it didn't come with a warranty.

I bought it under the impression of fixing it myself, maybe a capacitor blew out or the power connectors weren't solder properly, some easy quick-fix. If not, I'm sure eBay would fetch $150-200 for the card.

But EVGA had the warranty still valid, with 85 days left.

I'm not a huge fan of EVGA (motherboard problems and RMA hell of it), but I have to admit their RMA process has greatly improved in the past 5 years, and will probably continue buying NVIDIA cards from them.

Now if only some one on CL would sell me a titan for that price or Id even be willing to pay double lol.

Good deal, but not as good as my GTX Titan from my local MicroCenter for $525 lololol

Are you by chance from Utah? The same deal on KSL for the same card and same price
I was going to buy it but was to late. If it's the same person I got a really great deal from him. I picked up 3960X - Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 - And 8 GB of G-Skill for almost nothing. I was thinking it was hot stuff but everything turned out legit. Good find.

Looking through my local online classifieds I find listings of GTX 680's, but usually for $500-$650 each...retail prices.

Its typical. People want the most for their used equipment, even if its outrageously priced. Haggling isn't even worth it most of the time. However, on rare moments you find gold.

The seller couldn't get the GTX 680 to work, stating he tried different computer systems with different power supplies. So he was selling it as DEAD.

EVGA accepted it for RMA and the replacement will be here Friday. Its also a GTX 680 SC. Woot. :D

It was a win-win though for both parties. He was only asking for $80. I gave him $125.

GTX 680 SLI, here I come. :D

Id gloat too.

Well played. Well played.

Are you by chance from Utah? The same deal on KSL for the same card and same price
I was going to buy it but was to late. If it's the same person I got a really great deal from him. I picked up 3960X - Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 - And 8 GB of G-Skill for almost nothing. I was thinking it was hot stuff but everything turned out legit. Good find.

That's the exact guy! Really, really nice guy. He offered me that same combo, and I was about to bite, but my current i7 970 system still chews through things well enough. He was selling it for I think $800?

Did you tell the seller that he could rma it? Otherwise it´s kind of an opposite scam I feel. What if it´s a poor kid or something.

Did you tell the seller that he could rma it? Otherwise it´s kind of an opposite scam I feel. What if it´s a poor kid or something.

Very good question. From what little was said, his friend gave it to him, he couldn't make it work, sold it to me. He probably didn't inquire with EVGA to see if he could RMA, though I did ask him if he tried a warranty replacement. He just said it didn't come with a warranty.

I bought it under the impression of fixing it myself, maybe a capacitor blew out or the power connectors weren't solder properly, some easy quick-fix. If not, I'm sure eBay would fetch $150-200 for the card.

But EVGA had the warranty still valid, with 85 days left.

I'm not a huge fan of EVGA (motherboard problems and RMA hell of it), but I have to admit their RMA process has greatly improved in the past 5 years, and will probably continue buying NVIDIA cards from them.

A few posts back. I'm not one to buy a $5,000,000 painting from an old woman for $5 and laugh all the way to the bank.

That's the exact guy! Really, really nice guy. He offered me that same combo, and I was about to bite, but my current i7 970 system still chews through things well enough. He was selling it for I think $800?

Lol. I was asking to many question. You lucky duck. You should of bought the combo. The 3960X is a golden chip. Runs really cool overclocked.

Last edited:
Lol. I was asking to many question. You lucky duck. You should of bought the combo. The 3960X is a golden chip. Runs really cool overclocked.

I was thinking about it, but promised myself to hold out for Haswell-E (or thereabouts).

I sold one of my 680s to a friend for 350 so my titan was roughly 700 after taxes. I also bought it from mc but 525..

some people have all the luck,,, if I didnt have bad luck, I would have no luck at all

Back