I've Got A $1000 Sitting: I Need Something Between A...

• Thread starter Deleted member 233889
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 233889

26-40 in size and that doubles as my computer monitor and my HDTV. I hook up my mobile devices constantly and I'd love for it to be as thin as possible and a bezel that's as slim as possible.

What should I look at? I'm only buying one and that's it for the next couple years. I'd like to get it right the first time.

I would suggest getting a 26 or 27" catleap off ebay. Then get a 42" vizio or something and have a few hundy left over.

I personally couldnt watch a tv as small as 26-30 some inches, and don't like using a tv >30 inches for a "monitor."

If you have the space to accommodate both, I would highly suggest seperate tv and monitor.

I'm personally a big fan of Panasonic plasmas as monitors if you're looking for a tv and monitor.

I would suggest getting a 26 or 27" catleap off ebay. Then get a 42" vizio or something and have a few hundy left over.

I personally couldnt watch a tv as small as 26-30 some inches, and don't like using a tv >30 inches for a "monitor."

If you have the space to accommodate both, I would highly suggest seperate tv and monitor.

I don't. I live inside a shoe box. A 40 is probably pushing it for my room size. The old 32 Samsung I use is used for everything right now: monitor, HDTV, whatever else I can think of.

A catleap or any 1440p monitor would be terrible for use as a HDTV. 1080p scaled to 1440p just blows.

I've been wavering back and forth on this:

http://www.ecost.com/p/NEC-Displays-Monitors/product~dpno~9222531~pdp.hfehicg

Open Box NEC P402-AVT for $630 (sans shipping).

I've bought open box from ecost before, and the products arrived in pristine condition. They've got a few other good deals there.

I want to eventually switch all of my tvs out for LFDs (Large Format Displays), but the timing just hasn't been right for it - I'm moving at the end of October.

Back