ITX help with Graphics Card

JohnNC

n00b
Hi, I am just about set on my selection of componets for everything but the graphics card. I plan on overclocking the CPU and GPU as much as possible. This will be used for Gaming and VR. Here is what I have set in stone:

Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX
CPU: I7 6700K
MB: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU Cooler: H100i GTX
Storage: Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2x8GB 3000 ram

I need to select a graphics card and have narrowed it down to two choices (both 980tis).

1. EVGA 980ti Hybrid with the fan/Radiator mounted at the back of the case.
2. MSI 980 ti Gaming 6G. I would also add a fan set to exhaust at the back of the case.

I love the look and out of box performance of the MSI card however, I am worried about the thermals. If thermals are no issue, I would probably go this route. Although, I can overclock the EVGA to get the performance on par.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Just from taking a quick look it doesn't look like the Hybrid has much room in that case. Maybe the front 120mm fan slot. Did you already make a move on this? Post is a bit old.

I have this case and from what I've seen, either card should fit fine. With the Hybrid, you can mount the radiator on the front, back or top, depending on reach of the hoses. The "floor" of the case that sits above the PSU is drilled for pretty much it's full length until it reaches the drive bays, where its actually cut out above the drives, meaning that a fanned card can get a decent amount of air as well. I have had no heating issues with my GTX970 (granted, a much cooler card) but putting the radiiator on the front would work well as it is pulling cool air in directly.

Back