ITX! Epos7 Liquid Cooled NCASE

Especially because the FrozenQ reservoir is out of production.
Oh really? Didn't know that.

I'll add for anyone considering the IceMan, there are two versions of the IceMan res. The one without a pump will work with any DDC pump. The one that includes a pump is different, and you can't swap out the included pump for a DDC unit.

Dang. One of my slim Noctua fans has developed a ticking noise when it goes past 40% power. I believe I will have to drain the loop to access it ☹️

Tried using a screwdriver to gently push the rotor up toward the spindle, hoping that might re-seat things.

It made it worse. Sounds like a bad bearing.

A more forceful push with the screwdriver made it a little better, at least temporarily. I'm going to just leave it at 40% power so it doesn't make noise until I work up the courage to drain the loop and replace it. It sounds like the blade might be touching the housing at one point in the rotation, likely due to a bad bearing.

Hey Epos,

thank you for sharing your amazing an inspiring mod with all the details. I will build almost the same and the many parts are already ordered. For me it will be an i7 and for the graphics card a 3080 or 3090 (depending on what is available first at a halfway reasonable price).

Can you tell me how much space is left on the inside between the side panel and the GPU water block?

Reactions: Epos7
like this
Can you tell me how much space is left on the inside between the side panel and the GPU water block?
There's about 5-6mm of clearance from the outermost edge of the block, where the in/out ports are located.

Do you remember how long you made your cables? (24 Pin ATX, 8 Pin EPS, 8 PIN PCI-E)?

Especially because the FrozenQ reservoir is out of production.
Sorry for the late response. I unfortunately didn't record the lengths. I do wish I'd made most of the cables 5mm longer, as they're a pretty tight fit as is, particularly the 24-pin cable.

Dang. One of my slim Noctua fans has developed a ticking noise when it goes past 40% power. I believe I will have to drain the loop to access it ☹️
I drained the loop and took the fan out. Hooked it up to a different PC and couldn't detect any noise. I'm positive nothing was touching the blades, but I do wonder if the screws attaching it to the rad were unevenly torqued, and that may have been flexing the fan a little bit. So I put it back together with the same fan, and no noise now :)

Next time I work on this build I'll probably swap out the two 45's on the side rad for a 90. Just need another 7mm extension for that side and I'll be able to keep the tube closer to the fan and hopefully make things a little less tight when assembled.

Epos7 i have a very similar build working now. I am interested in your custom cables. Do you have a link to a tutorial or build guide?

Very beautiful build!

Back