iTunes - manually manage music/videos between 2 computers?

scottmso

Limp Gawd
Hey all:

I have an iPhone that I have been using with my desktop PC until recently. I use the "manually manage music and videos" option to choose what music I want to put onto the device. However, when I connect the phone to my laptop, it tells me that the phone is synced with another computer and my only option is to wipe all music on the device and start over.

What is causing this? Is it possible for me to sync music on 2 computers? (It was certainly possible on my iPod Touch.) Is there a way for me to get it to work without wiping all of the music?

any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

The easiest method would be to put your iTunes library on a network share. Then, have both of your computers use the same library. I have personally done this, so I know it works.

The iTunes library is fully contained in one folder, so you only need to share that one folder. I don't use iTunes on Windows, so the keyboard command may be different, but on the Mac, you would hold down the option (alt) key while loading iTunes to instruct it to use the library of your choice.

Back