itunes is killing me

Methodical

is cool
arrghhh. I finally decided to cave and setup an itunes account and it wont freakin let me.

I get to the credit card entry and ive tried with a hundred different variations of my billing info, but no matter what it says its wrong.

ARGHHHHH

ALASKA IS PART OF THE UNITED STATES.

"Offer valid only in the United States, except Alaska and Hawaii" I see that ALL the time, I guess get used to it :(.

now that is wierd...if I get a chance I will check on that tomorow because I don't remember seeing an Alaska exclusion

From section 10 of the Terms and Conditions:
10. Territory. The Service is available only in the United States, and is not available in any other location. You agree not to use or attempt to use the Service from outside of the available territory, and that Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance.

Doesn't say anything about excluding Alaska... maybe they are doing some sort of IP verify, and it's turning up as Uganda? :)

My IPs used to resolve to Seattle. (I'm in NYC)

Wasn't saying that that disclaimer was in the iTunes information, just that it's generally found on most things, but hopefully they can fix their screw up and get you up and running.

Just tell them that neither Poisoned or Limewire give you that issue ;).

it isn't an IP verification...it is pulling off the Zip code they are trying to put in when setting up the account

well, it doesnt say its because i dont live in alaska when trying to sign up at the itunes store

so i tried to get around to it and send myself a itunes gift certificate, then it said i have to have a US billing address card.

tonight Ill go home and check my cards billing address and make sure its right, but ive never had problems before.

Alaska is part of the U.S.? ;)

Seriously though, just pick up d'phone Monday, that usually helps if Giggle won't get off his butt and do it for ya.

only problem i had with iTunes was when i imported my music and it fuxored my ID3 tags... damn you, Apple!

hey..I was sick all week and went in to work JUST to try and find the answer to this :p .....well maybe not just to get this answer but I couldn't find anything saying Alaska was excluded from this and after talking to a couple of people it sounds like those on the Big Island (HI) are using the store so it can't be a Continental US thing....you might need to send an e-mail to the store service and see what they have to say because it could be a zip database issue

I did an experiment and attempted to use a webcertificate (http://www.webcertificate.com) to bypass the issue and that didnt work either, even though i typed in my billing address exactly as on my billing statement. Im gonna hit up my bank monday and see if there is something up.

I appreciate your checking into it though. :) If my bank checks out i'll email the store.

>Alaska is part of the U.S.?

Northern Canada, really. And they're all Eskimos. :D

Try registering from Puerto Rico.

Back