iTunes is gone but still in add/remove programs

BobTheSlob

Limp Gawd
I uninstalled iTunes and all my iPod updaters. There is NO trace of these programs anywhere. And yet, when I go to add/remove programs, they are still there. When I try to remove them it just opens up the installer, pretends to uninstall, and then stays there.

I tried to run CCleaner to remove the invalid entries but it just says "cannot delete MSI installer".

How do I get rid of these entries and are there any good programs that clean up this kind of garbage? I ran all of my registry cleaners (all 5 of them, good ones) to no avail.

Help! with my minor annoyance ;)

Regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall

Find the key for iTunes and delete

Well before I do that, where is the file that it is trying to run when I try to remove it. Somewhere there is still an actual uninstall program lying around being useless. If I just remove the registry key (which I'll do if nobody can help me here) then I'm just hiding the fact that the uninstall is still there somewhere.

Deleting the registry entries didn't work =/

I found them all where you told me and deleted all of them that had to do with iTunes and iPod, but all 3 entries are still in the add/remove programs list.

Any more ideas before I install that program?

Thanks

Back