It's time for 4k! Samsung q7?

bluesynk

Limp Gawd
About to take the plunge to 4k land. Intended use, living room, lots of video games, some movies. 444 chroma and hdr10 seem to be the big things to check for. I'm not thinking oled because of kids using it on consoles.

The Samsung q7f is looking like the way I'll go. But I would like something to compare it to, have a choice between. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Since it's either OLED or different shades of shit, and burn-in in real life use isn't a big issue with the new models, I would strongly consider going the OLED route.

Don't know where that c came from not buying a corvette!

I guess I should have listed some concerns. If I get rambowed color banding I'll be sad. The lack of localized dimming on this panel has me looking around. As well as good safe oled options

Check LG's 2017 OLED models. Amazing picture and performance. Gaming on my 55" is like having my own personal IMAX. The B series are least expensive and use the same panels as LG's pricier OLEDs.

Another vote for LG - I'm running the mid-level E7 and the picture at 4K is amazing (and even better at 4K with HDR). I'm more movie geek than gamer so keep that in mind.

Back