It's so obvious....

Status
Not open for further replies.

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
People are making fake/new accounts and joining the drawing for the 3870 X2 card it's ridiculous.

I see A LOT of join dates of 2-2/3-2008 with one post. :rolleyes:

I was thinking accounts created on the date of announced contest and after be DQ.

yeah ive noticed A LOT of noobie accounts also..... there is 4-5 on the last page right now that are 1 post only... newly created accounts

I just joined a few days ago. I didn't even look at the other thread until I saw this one.

I'm sure half the purpose of these competitions is too get people too register here.

Even if the new accounts have a 10% retention rate, still alot of new users.

well, lets hope Kyle uses his head and doesn't hand out the card to a n00bie or Limp Gawd.

I think, since it was not stipulated in the entry rules, an ethical person would be bound to adhere to the allowance that anyone who posts would be allowed the chance.

I was thinking accounts created on the date of announced contest and after be DQ.

that would only stop the cheaters for this contest. For the next one they'd have month or two old clone accounts to use. There are otehr things Kyle can do to stop some of the cheaters, but I'm reluctant to say what because most of the cheaters probably have no idea that they're exposed or that a workaround exists.

well, lets hope Kyle uses his head and doesn't hand out the card to a n00bie or Limp Gawd.

I've been here for over 6 years and am only a Limp Gawd. Sorry I dont post alot of fluff just to raise my post count.

[H]ugh_Freak;1032018818 said:
I've been here for over 6 years and am only a Limp Gawd. Sorry I dont post alot of fluff just to raise my post count.

I think he meant [H]lite the one that goes after n00bie :)

i think one of the whole points of the promotion is to get people to sign up for the forums... so, yeah, it probably will be going to a n00bie or an [h]lite and i don't see what's wrong with that.

I'm a noobie and I've been reading this site since before it was hardOCP...

Does that make me a bad person? :(

I think he meant [H]lite the one that goes after n00bie :)

Im a [H]lite, but ive been around for a while, i mostly just snoop and post in genmay, which i had to pay for, so why shouldnt i be included? I think it should be a combo of things such as when you regestered, if your active and how many posts. Im sure kyle will be looking at IPs also.

i think one of the whole points of the promotion is to get people to sign up for the forums... so, yeah, it probably will be going to a n00bie or an [h]lite and i don't see what's wrong with that.

beucase those people just come for the prize and once they win they leave.

Yeah, Hobbs, i was just going to say that, IPs will be quite evident of people making new accounts.

Hopefully some good pwnage of multipule account creation will come down into some temp bans.

Im a [H]lite, but ive been around for a while, i mostly just snoop and post in genmay, which i had to pay for, so why shouldnt i be included? I think it should be a combo of things such as when you regestered, if your active and how many posts. Im sure kyle will be looking at IPs also.

totally understand! :)

But yeah like I said before, people that joined the same day and after the announcement should be DQ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back