It's official the Amazon $5 promo code sucks

Wish they allowed stacking. Got $60 worth of coupons that I don't know what to do with. Already have all the games I want to own from their best sellers. Cannot gift out the games since they don't activate on steam etc (e.g., Witcher or GTA IV). So for me these coupons are really crap. Waiting to find a deal I like when they hopefully change some of the games on the list.

Wish they allowed stacking. Got $60 worth of coupons that I don't know what to do with. Already have all the games I want to own from their best sellers. Cannot gift out the games since they don't activate on steam etc (e.g., Witcher or GTA IV). So for me these coupons are really crap. Waiting to find a deal I like when they hopefully change some of the games on the list.

They won't be changing the games since that's the list of best selling games of 2011. I'm sure that people wouldn't mind you "sharing" your wealth of coupons. :p

Seems they wised up on their pricing a bit. At the beginning there were some decent looking deals, but now I don't see anything drop below 9.99 and the more popular games seem to all be $15+. I don't know if they were just being careless at the beginning of this or if they just had better sales going on with those games.

Seems they wised up on their pricing a bit. At the beginning there were some decent looking deals, but now I don't see anything drop below 9.99 and the more popular games seem to all be $15+. I don't know if they were just being careless at the beginning of this or if they just had better sales going on with those games.

When Jan. 1st came around, the prices were still the same as the major sale prices. They jacked up the prices not too long after (close to full price on some of them). Now the prices are fairly stable, though not as low as many would like.

When Jan. 1st came around, the prices were still the same as the major sale prices. They jacked up the prices not too long after (close to full price on some of them). Now the prices are fairly stable, though not as low as many would like.

Ah thanks for the clarification, didn't even hit me that the prices were constantly changing due to Holiday sales finishing up and not sales corresponding with the $5 promo. Oh well I'll keep checking daily in case DE:HR or one of the better games goes on deeper discount.

Looks like they added Bulletstorm I wonder if they'll take something off or if they'll add anything else in the next few weeks.

Looks like they added Bulletstorm I wonder if they'll take something off or if they'll add anything else in the next few weeks.

Amazon is going to do a EA sale next week with a different deal each day. Prices before the promo code -
1/15 – Alice Madness Returns = $7.49
1/16 – DAO Ultimate + DAA 2 Bundle = $11.99
1/17 – Medal of Honor = $6.99
1/18 – Battlefield Bad Company 2 = $6.99
1/19 – Dead Space 2 = $6.99
1/20 – Bulletstorm = $6.99
1/21 – Crysis 2 = $9.99

At least that is the current rumor.

You received a $5 promo code for each Amazon DD order you did in December regardless of price, even $1.99 casual games counted.

Amazon is going to do a EA sale next week with a different deal each day. Prices before the promo code -
1/15 – Alice Madness Returns = $7.49
1/16 – DAO Ultimate + DAA 2 Bundle = $11.99
1/17 – Medal of Honor = $6.99
1/18 – Battlefield Bad Company 2 = $6.99
1/19 – Dead Space 2 = $6.99
1/20 – Bulletstorm = $6.99
1/21 – Crysis 2 = $9.99

At least that is the current rumor.

that looks interesting...thanks for the heads up

just out of curiosity, where did you find this rumor?

i got deadspace 2 for free, so it is not worthless! its awesome!

Back